• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uwharrie National Forest

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Sounds good to me

Cell phone reception in the immediate vicinity of the gas station is non-existent. but great on the hill where the shooting range is. So we'll have a 20 minute period of waiting for peopleand if there is a car pool of a few people i'll e-mail someone my number just in case we have some late arrivals, if not mapquest or google maps should certainly get you there and if all else fails stop and ask someone... if your in the area they certainly will be able to point you in the right direction.

as the date approaches we will get these details ironed out.

Right nowwe have thursday, and some time around 5 or 6.

Kivuli

imported post

Thursday at 6 sounds good to me.

I'll chime in on the USP. I love mine. It has long been my favorite handgun and I don't see that changing. I have big hands, so I need a big grip and the USP delivers. Also, it shoots straight and has never failed me yet. Magazines are expensive for factory mags, but you can get the cheapos if you want to go that route. Only downside is that it has a proprietary rail mount. Fortunately, there are plenty of aftermarket picatinny/weaver conversion kits for dirt cheap out there. I'll be bringing mine so feel free to test it out and see if it tickles your fancy.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I'll probably only bring a couple of AK's and a few pistols. AR's in the shop, and I can't let my wife on to what I'm doing (she thinks I spend too much on shooting, can you believe it?) until after I come back. I don't lie to her, but I usually tell her about things like this after the fact. Is that wrong? :cool:

Racer X

imported post

I should be able to make it on Thursday. I'm not sure what toys will be coming with me. My dad is on an ammo hunt for his SKS and there is no telling if my grandfather will want to bring something. :cool:

Myrighttocarry

imported post

haha. that's what I used to do when I was younger .40 cal, Ifigured if it had been sometime since "said event" occured I could admit to it without fear of persuction or punishment.This was with my parents though,so.. the wife could be more difficult. Remember in the "wife doctrine"(the rules and regulationsof being a husband") there is no statue of limitations on any crime, so at any point down the road she could potentially mention said event and use it against you.

I can understand though, it's very expensive to shoot compared to what it was.

streetdoc

imported post

Have fun shooting, when I go to Uwharrie this is what I am doing:what:
david1.jpg

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Nice crawler you got there, in the depths of those woods are some unforgiving trails... I knew a lot of good mudders(jeeps, bronco's, K-5's)that were injured and some nearly killed on those very trails.

Street what you got under that hood, stock? tell me you got small block under there and you'd have a serious jeep on your hands right there. Def. got wheels in the high 30's, and a 8-10 inch lift, I could be completely wrong... correct me if I am. Still she handling those ruts wheel.

It's a jeep thing.., got me a stock cherokee... but those v6's jeep build are no joke... thing has run great for years, and saved my life countless times.

Racer X

imported post

Man, I miss my old Jeep. My BMW is useless. I have to ride shotgun in my friends new toy. Maybe we'll catch up down there some time...if he ever gets it fixed.

Uwharrie
Uwharrie
Picture112.jpg

That is me in the passenger seat. I decided to not sit there for the next picture.

Uwharrie
Picture079.jpg

streetdoc

imported post

Quick details about my Jeep then if anybody wants more PM me or we need to start a different topic.

95 YJ, 4.0 six, 5" suspension lift, 1" body, 1" engine lift, D44 rear axle, TrueTracs front and rear with 4.10s, 35x12.50x15s Cooper STT tires and a STAK 3sp transfer case, (the transfer case is unreal). The posted picture is from Uwharrie.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Arfcom was having a huge get together there this weekend from what I gather... and some people over heard someone saying that someone was shot.

Somebody else posted that after numerous calls to different LE offices he gathered that 1)somebody was shot 2) their still alive 3) and it appeared accidental.
I can't confirm or deny any of this and he said they are investigating, just letting .40 know since he's boycotting.

He also called the park and they said it would be open, after arfcom guys get back from their trip i'll see what they say as far as scrutiny there after this accident.

That's why I like to go on weekdays when it's not crowded, because I can be safe as I can be and someone elses mistake kills you. If you ever go and someone is being unsafe, inform them of what they are doing wrong or call the rangers office which is posted on a billboard out there. Honestly it's a public range so anyone is welcome, but if people are being extremely unsafe i'd rather not shoot.

But this doesn't ruin my plans at all for going, i'm confident that we can have a safe and enjoyable time.

Somebody else just posted and said it was one ofthe horse riders and was not an accident at the range itself. He mishandled his gun and it went off hitting someone in the group. and he also posted that it was a horse riding group that tried to shut down the range at one point due to safety issues.:?

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I'm still planning on going, mother nature might ruin our plans though, as I look at the 10 day forcast looks like thunder storms are inevitable near the end of the week.
I have two ak's and will be bringing some spare ammo so some people can try them out, 7.62x39. I'll have around 50-75 rounds im willing to let people use that want to try the ak's out.

I also own an a glock 30 .45 auto or acp., it's the subcompact... great if you like polymer guns. I've got few extra .45 rounds for some people that want to test that as well.

I'm either going to splurge and get some extra ammo, or by one of those rotating steel targets at Bass pro shops outdoor world. They are like 50$, but it lets you know everytime you're on target with a nice little ring.

And if you have your own ammo that would be awesome, it would save me some money but i'm bringing extra just in case... I want everyone to have fun and enjoy Ak-47's as much as I do.

Let me know if you're still planning on attending, so we can make alternate plans just in case of rain.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I would like to shoot any AK variants and/or AR variants.

I will be bringing a bunch of .40and 9 as well as some extra .357sig for people to shoot any of the glock sizes of 9/.40/.357sig.

What are the targets out there? Do you bring your own? Are there any restrictions?

Anyone ever shot bullet proof glass before? Want to:lol:

Myrighttocarry

imported post

There are posted restrictions but nobody follows them to a degree. It's a be respectful and clean kind of thing, and that's my personal thing because i've seen people leave all sorts of jerry rigged, unbelievable targets just laying there and that just looks bad to all of us.

Don't get me wrong, everytime I go out there I make my own targets but it's out of wood usually and it's so easy if you pick up some cheap lumber from lowes or home depot. The best target holder i've ever made was out of an old steel line garbage holder. Don't forget about cardboard boxes weighted down with a sand bag or just dig some ruts with your foot, place paper target over it and bam.. it's rigged alright but functional, i mean if you're shooting buck shot at it... lets face it you're going to wreck most targets.

I probably going to purchase a steel rifle target so everybody can just get there limitless fun without having to reset. I mean guys... it's hot out.

It's bring your own targets, they limit it to steel lined paper targets and ballestic steel I believe. I don't think anyone would have a problem with ballestic glass since it's bullet proof, it's just I don't they would expect someone to bring bullet proof glass.

I've seen people shooting clay targets, wooden tables, wood bottom with cardboard silouette, tile flooring, watermelons, steel rifle and pistol targets, steel outlined paper target holders etc.

Lets just keep it clean and safe. it's up to you though... i'm fine with it. Actually i'd LOVE to shoot it. that's just me

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Technically speaking, I have 1.5'' polycarbonate.... which is supposed to stop any handgun caliber round.

It came out of a security window of a gas station in florida. I'll bring a few pieces, though I don't know if we will shoot more than one or two. They aren't cheap or easy to come by.

Looks like a 40% chance of rain predicted now :(