• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uwharrie National Forest

mekender

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
I had a blast out there. I finally found out where it is. I can't believe that I was so close last time and couldn't find it. Of course,I can't have a trip with no incedents. On the way back to raleigh, I was following a truck towing a boat. That boat trailer decided to loose a tire, of which I promtly ran over. I don't see any damage thankfully, as I was riding higher rather than lower.

That .357sig is a heck of a round, especially in a sub-compact package.

Though the AKs were fun, I think I'm still an AR kind of person, not that I won't get one some day. I have to say that the Mosin was probably my favorite gun that was brought today (that wasn't mine). I also enjoyed getting a chance to shoot at a long distance. This is the first time that I have shot at over 30 yards. I look forward to doing this again, but it can't be too soon.

So, click on the images for videos:

AR Pistol muzzle flash:

G19 w/ ~25 rounds

G23C w/ ~20 rounds

My attempt a bumpfire:

The king of bumpfire:

The broken amp that I brought out:

DSC05008.jpg

DSC05009.jpg

The car that was referenced:

DSC04993.jpg
Good to see that all the rules were followed, especially #5

IMG_4900.jpg

mekender

imported post

That range has been shut down in the past because people were not following the rules, dont think the NF wont do it again.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

It is a manufactured metal target, and it isn't breakable. There were no parts of it that seperated from the target.

In other news, I bough a Mosin Nagant today, and pick it up tomorrow.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

sarcasm.

We were well aware of the rules, as far as shooting litter we left the range cleaner than when we came. There were already left over items that we removed, and we were alone near the end of the day.

There will be no problem if you clean up what you shoot, i'm not recommending everyone go out there and break the rules but it's suppose to be fun(please don't take this out of context and think i'm talking about washing machines, clay, beer bottles,etc.) To each his own though. Such as cardboard boxes and paper plates. It's interesting to catch such flak from arfcom, but judge away, quote away.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
SWEET!!! I know you'll enjoy it. Where'd ya get it?

A friend of mine just happened to say he was selling some of his toys to pay off his motorcycle. I asked what he had, and squeeled like a little girl when he said he was getting rid of a M91/30 for $100.

mosinnagant.jpg

BTW, he is selling this as well for $750, if you are interested:

Cugir SA Romanian PSL-54C - $750

This is a redesign of the famous "Dragunov" sniper rifle, modeled around an AK-type action and manufactured for export to the US. It fires the 7.62x54R round, same as the Mosin, and surplus ammo is readily available for it. This is not one of the shoddy surplus kit builds that gave PSL's a bad rep in the 90's, but a brand new rifle(when I got it of course) from Cugir Armory. It runs great, comes with two mags, a mag pouch, a sling, and a cleaning kit.

I've refinished this one and invested a lot of time into getting the wood perfectly clean and the colors just right. It looks very "red" in the picture, but without the camera flash it's a beautiful dark cherry red with a thick coat of satin poly to keep it safe. I spent a lot of time and research to do this refinish, so it's far superior to the old runny yellow shellac that these things come with. You really have to see it in person to appreciate how beautiful it is.
romypsl4.jpg

Myrighttocarry

imported post

I got quoted on arfcom, lovely, what I said was in jest about rule number 10 but the forum police got me. Got to love people who check forums all day about people violating rules... You caught me i'm sorry.

I hope you caught that sarcasm. I'll leave it at that. But for the sake of OC.org i'll modify it.

nooneimportant

imported post

No I don't go around checking form. But when some one starts talking about actions that can get a public range shut down I take notice,

Don't know any of you guys from your photos or videos here. Too bad because that means when there is a clean up day you have not been there to help.

The Uwharrie range was shut down because of people shooting junk for targets, breaking rules, causing unsafe conditions, and generally leaving a mess.

It is open today due to the efforts of a small group of people who came out on their own time and expense for several months to clean and police the range. So yeah we don't think it is a joke. You are able to use that range because others are carrying the load for you. We would be happy to have you come out to the group shoots, or volunteer to police the range one day. Contact the Rangers office in Troy about volunteering and picking up the USFS radio the days you do.

NOI

Myrighttocarry

imported post

nooneimportant wrote:
No I don't go around checking form. But when some one starts talking about actions that can get a public range shut down I take notice,

Don't know any of you guys from your photos or videos here. Too bad because that means when there is a clean up day you have not been there to help.

The Uwharrie range was shut down because of people shooting junk for targets, breaking rules, causing unsafe conditions, and generally leaving a mess.

It is open today due to the efforts of a small group of people who came out on their own time and expense for several months to clean and police the range. So yeah we don't think it is a joke. You are able to use that range because others are carrying the load for you. We would be happy to have you come out to the group shoots, or volunteer to police the range one day. Contact the Rangers office in Troy about volunteering and picking up the USFS radio the days you do.

NOI
It's noble of you and your friends to have cleaned up the range, however you posted a quote that I said out of context, it was sarcasm. I'm sorry you can't follow my humor, it's really dry and I can understand that, but how can you assume I take all cleaning up as a joke. I've taking alot of time to clean up after myself at that range, in fact stayed till dang near pitch black dark to make sure nothing was left behind by the group.

Just because you and your buddies cleaned up the range a couple of times and volunteered your time there doesn't mean you can police the internet for a few infractions or does it?. I appreciate what you did but come off that high horse. You aren't carrying my load, but if it makes you feel any better you can keep assuming that.

Again I do appreciate your efforts to get the range open NOI, and others... I really enjoy using it.

nooneimportant

imported post

Couple of time doesn't begin to cover it.

On man stepped up. Then he had two more help him, then five.

Those five camedown to flintlock Vally from Greensboro on Thursday or Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday evening to open and lock the range.The Ranger had closed the range due to the problems mentioned and it would not have reopened except for the actions of those five. This went on for 3-4 months.

Couple of times...

I dont police the internet, but if you say something here, well it is public and you might get called on it. Nature of the net. So are you coming out to one of the shoots?

NOI

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I'm down for a campout/ cleanup meet. NOI might even tell some of his stories from overseas. He's got some good ones, along with great pics. He didn't see me in the pics or vid, but we have met a few times. You can't miss him, he's8 ft tall!

Myrighttocarry

imported post

nooneimportant wrote:
Couple of time doesn't begin to cover it.

On man stepped up. Then he had two more help him, then five.

Those five camedown to flintlock Vally from Greensboro on Thursday or Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday evening to open and lock the range.The Ranger had closed the range due to the problems mentioned and it would not have reopened except for the actions of those five. This went on for 3-4 months.

Couple of times...

I dont police the internet, but if you say something here, well it is public and you might get called on it. Nature of the net. So are you coming out to one of the shoots?

NOI
I can point out your grammatical errors to everyone because i've spent some ofa good bit of time learning to type. If you say it, it is public and you might get called on it. I'm not trying to insult you but merely to prove a point.

See how easy it is to pick something apart. I like to shoot in the late afternoons by myself but... everytime I go out there I have a mini clean up. I was well aware of the efforts that went on to restore Uwharrie by the way.

Edit:Fixed my error.

nooneimportant

imported post

I have never publicly claimed to be able to spell or use grammar correctly. Call it all you like.

You however have stated that you broke the range rules by drinking at the range,shooting the bottles, and provided photographic evidence that you wereshooting improper targets. Of course you were just joking.

Nothing picked apart there.

If you are aware of the work it took to reopen the range, then how about respect it?Not asking a lot, just follow the posted rules that apply to everyone.

NOI

Myrighttocarry

imported post

nooneimportant wrote:
I have never publicly claimed to be able to spell or use grammar correctly. Call it all you like.

You however have stated that you broke the range rules by drinking at the range,shooting the bottles, and provided photographic evidence that you wereshooting improper targets. Of course you were just joking.

Nothing picked apart there.

If you are aware of the work it took to reopen the range, then how about respect it?Not asking a lot, just follow the posted rules that apply to everyone.

NOI
You can use sarcasm but youcan't understand it. Check the video all you want you won't see any alcoholic beverage officer, I stated what I did correlating directly from an earlier post, and according to my medical history i'd rule out the ability to consume alcohol(while i'm not against it, when it takes place in the proper area, i could handle cough syrup amounts but you get the point..although I don't even test those waters). These are all things you wouldn't know because you assumeeverything about me, and I would assume about other people too. You have no idea in what context I stated that in, you just came in here read the last few posts and it got your blood boiling so you decided to quote me to get it off your chest. You don't have any evidence that I was shooting improper targets, so i'd appreciate if you got your story correct and stop slandering me across the internet.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

NOI, you do realize that you are approaching this with a Hollier than Thow attitude right?

I have not seen you hear before, and then you accuse us all of not taking care of the range or appreciating all the hard work that goes into it. Maybe if you make a thread about a clean up day and/or camping trip we would all show up.

This is the internet, and sarcasm may not come across as clearly as in real life. Having said that, your gross overreaction is disturbing. We were there for a couple hours, had fun shooting, and cleaned the range up from the (b)arfcom people that were there before us (and yes, I did talk to them and did verify that was the group there).

A few shots were taken at an old amplifier. The only difference in it was that it was not a siluouette (sp?) target. It was a manufactered metal target, that did not break or leave any residual debris (like glass bottles, clays, and other items that are prohibited would).

I'm going to restrain myself from making personal attacks based on the postings of a person.

NOI: I respectfully ask you to remove your post, or the link to this message board from the thread you created.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

Thats why he posted it was kind of funny, and I did the same(not because we thought it was so funny as you omniciently concluded). I didn't want to mention it because it's really futile at this point but if you want to give somebody credit, give it to JD for cleaning up after the very site you posted your complaint on.

Edit: I love the quality of ar 15 comments over there, such as what a tard. You should come to one of our shoots and meet me, than pass judgement on who was shooting what and what rules were being broken.