Thread: TEA Parties?

Post imported post

Did anyone go to one one of the TEA parties over the weekend, and if so how was it?

I went to the one in Kennewick and was thoroughly disappointed. Nobody would even talk to us when we showed up, and when we found one of the organizers we found out they didn't plan to do anything besides have a picnic, so we packed up and left.

Post imported post

I attended a tea party at a county park in Spokane and had a good time. They had several speakers with a PA system and podium and also some booths/tables set up for various political groups at a different area of the park. I open-carried there and so did a half-dozen or so other people. There were probably around 100 people there for the tea party.

Post imported post

I was at the Bellingham, WA one. About 700 or so people by most estimates. No picnic, we took up the sides of the road on the busiest commercial section of town. We had a ton of people honking to support and whatnot. Lots of signs. Very public and out in the open. Surprising considering the political stance of a very large percentage up here. Wish I could have OC'd but im too poor for a holster at the moment. No police issues. The one i spoke to who stopped by actually mentioned wanting to stick around but couldnt. Good stuff.