• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA Parties?

FrayedString

imported post

Did anyone go to one one of the TEA parties over the weekend, and if so how was it?

I went to the one in Kennewick and was thoroughly disappointed. Nobody would even talk to us when we showed up, and when we found one of the organizers we found out they didn't plan to do anything besides have a picnic, so we packed up and left.

shad0wfax

imported post

I attended a tea party at a county park in Spokane and had a good time. They had several speakers with a PA system and podium and also some booths/tables set up for various political groups at a different area of the park. I open-carried there and so did a half-dozen or so other people. There were probably around 100 people there for the tea party.

Magister

imported post

I was at the Bellingham, WA one. About 700 or so people by most estimates. No picnic, we took up the sides of the road on the busiest commercial section of town. We had a ton of people honking to support and whatnot. Lots of signs. Very public and out in the open. Surprising considering the political stance of a very large percentage up here. Wish I could have OC'd but im too poor for a holster at the moment. No police issues. The one i spoke to who stopped by actually mentioned wanting to stick around but couldnt. Good stuff.