• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sonia Sotomayor

Do You Believe Pro-Gun Organizations Should Be Discussing Sonia Sotomayer

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not Sure

• Total voters

Van

imported post

There seems to be a deafening silence among some of the leading pro-gun organizations regarding the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to SCOTUS.

I have to wonder why? One organization banned it from a discussion list saying since we, as voters, had no say in her approval or disapproval it wasn't a valid point of discussion. I say HORSE APPLES!

While true that we don't have a direct vote, we do have a say buy way of our elected Senators. Anyone who doesn't see that should re-examine our process of government.

The time for action is now, not after she has been confirmed. Let your Senators know how you feel, one way or the other. And, while you're at it, call and email your Second Amendment organizations and ask them DIRECTLY why they have been so very silent on the issue. If you pay dues you have a right to know what's going on.

You can read more on this and other topics on my blog: http://www.vannspage.blogspot.com