Thread: Indian Reservations

Post imported post

Anyone know how indian reservations view open (or concealed) carry? I know they can make their own rules, but wonder if anyone has a list of which ones have different rules/regulations than what the state has.

I know I contacted the cheif of police for the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community about 5 years ago, and he told me that the tribe followed state law as far as firearms were concerned. Anyone know anything on the others?

Rand Paul 2016

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

As sovereign nations I would contact the tribal police for each of the reservations you plan to visit. Some you may be allowed to, and other not. For instance if you plan on attending a pow wow on a reservation I know the majority do not allow any alcohol or firearms of any kind.

I know that probably doesn't help much but just calling them is the best advice I can give you.

Post imported post

I'd get any permission that is given in writing.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Ditto to both answers!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I can give some information for the Lac Du Flambeau WI tribe of lake Superior chippewa.
    Firearm possession by any person that is not a card-carryin tribal member is prohibited on native land. I feel it may go the same for all midwest tribes.

I was invited by the head of LDF fish & Game departmentto go hunting with him, (he thought I was a member of the tribe) I told him I am not tribal and he apologized for me not being able to join him due to their laws.

Tribal land is a sovereign nation with laws that mimic both state and federal with some being different. Many tribes do have the legal ability to banish people from their land too.

Post imported post

My property is a sovereign nation too...

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    My property is a sovereign nation too...
    Oh, how I wish mine was.

I don't even know where to start...

Post imported post

LOL