• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video Vigilante Brian Bates

Alexcabbie

imported post

IMO this Bates guy is a real douche. Confronting people like that when you are not an LEO is just begging to get your butt kicked or worse. Three meth-heads and he just blocks them in? It's a wonder they didn't shove some of their booty up his butt and laugh all the way home.

I spent about a year in a neighborhood where whores hung out in front of the local 7-11 along with all the human garbage they attract. What I did was to get together with the neighbors and have a talk with the local police commander. I have better and more importnt things to do than to try and make myself a badass youtube star, and besides if I am going to do this, then why am I paying the police??? Sheesh!

Aaron1124

imported post

Brian gets paid for these videos. This is how he makes his living. Prostitution has actually decreased since he's been around. I don't think any man who picks up a prostitute wants to be shown all over the internet.. especially when it will sacrifice their marriage/relationship, job, and criminal record.

Johns who know about this man being in the area are less likely to pick up prostitutes in the area based off of those facts alone. There are no privacy exemptions when you're in public. Also, throughout the 10+ years he's been doing this, he's never been beaten up or anything. He also carries pepper spray and a taser, and is trained and licensed as an armed private investigator, so he's pretty crafty at what he does. He always makes a call to the police before he makes his busts as well.

NightOwl

imported post

I watched the first video and was too annoyed with the guy to even bother with the others.

Thank you, Brian Bates, for wasting my taxpayer dollars by putting two consenting adults into the legal system for a victimless crime. Jackass.

Edit: How does this related to a 2nd amendment oriented forum? Off topic imo.

Woodchuck

imported post

I get a little kick out of the videos but NightOwl is right in both his following statements

NightOwl wrote:
Thank you, Brian Bates, for wasting my taxpayer dollars by putting two consenting adults into the legal system for a victimless crime.  Jackass.

Edit:  How does this related to a 2nd amendment oriented forum?  Off topic imo.
Copied from the main board.

General Discussion
Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here.

Aaron1124

imported post

Well delete it if you're going to complain. Is this really taking up your reading space? If you're not interested in the topic, you wouldn't have watched the videos and responded.

Woodchuck

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Well delete it if you're going to complain. Is this really taking up your reading space? If you're not interested in the topic, you wouldn't have watched the videos and responded.

point1 Not complaining, just educating.
point2 Never said anything about taking up space.
point3 Never said I wasn't interested, as I said I got a kick out of the videos.

Aaron1124 wrote:
Yeah, "two consenting adults" may be selling and buying illegal drugs too. Does that make it an OK thing to do?

This brings up the great question of "Should it be illegal in the first place?" Just cause it's not an "OK" thing to do doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Do we not live in a free country?........well.....not really. Wasn't this country set up for us to be free people?

Aaron1124

imported post

What is considered "free" in a "free country"? Drug dealing? Prostitution? Killing? Is a "free country" really just Anarchy?

I'm not asking to be a smart a**.. I'm asking because I'm really interested to hear peoples opinions.

Woodchuck

imported post

I absolutely agree that we must have some laws, complete anarchy is complete chaos.

2 consenting adults having sex is a far cry from raping and slitting the throat of a helpless victim.

If there's no victim should it be a crime?

Aaron1124

imported post

But what really defines a victim? If people get really technical, one could consider a prostitute a victim, especially if she has a pimp. Same with drug users. Of course, some just consider them straight up criminals and not victims. I guess it depends on what perspective it's being looked at.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
I watched the first video and was too annoyed with the guy to even bother with the others.

Thank you, Brian Bates, for wasting my taxpayer dollars by putting two consenting adults into the legal system for a victimless crime.  Jackass.

Edit:  How does this related to a 2nd amendment oriented forum?  Off topic imo.

You said it. -1 for this whole thread.

Vigilanteism is fail. Self-defense is more than enough for a peaceful society.

Aaron1124

imported post

"Vigilantism" means "Taking the law into your own hands" - it doesn't always mean "Going around the law"

Coming to the aid of another in a violent crime could be an act of "Vigilantism".

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Technically, perhaps, but most of us would describe it as "defense of another".

And that was my whole point. It's fine for people to prevent violence against themselves or others.

But for a man to aggress against innocent/consenting adults, who violate a law imposed by puritanical religious morality, is truly wicked.

In a peaceful society, this man would be rightly recognized as the aggressor he is, and the only "law-taking" would by done by those rightfully defending themselves against his actions.

I shouldn't have said a word about vigilantism. I was agreeing to everything else that was said. I'll quote it again.

NightOwl wrote:

Thank you, Brian Bates, for wasting my taxpayer dollars by putting two consenting adults into the legal system for a victimless crime. Jackass.

Edit: How does this related to a 2nd amendment oriented forum? Off topic imo.

Aaron1124

imported post

But then a person must ask thereself "Do I want my kids growing up, and going to school while watching this sort of behavior" going on in front of them?"

I certainly don't, and hey, if he's successful in eliminating prostitution, then I say good for him, but of course that's just my opinion.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
I absolutely agree that we must have some laws, complete anarchy is complete chaos.

2 consenting adults having sex is a far cry from raping and slitting the throat of a helpless victim.

If there's no victim should it be a crime?

Who says there no victim? Maybe you're just too short and narrow sighted to see the victims.

I lol'd at the videos. Good for him.

N00blet45

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
But then a person must ask thereself "Do I want my kids growing up, and going to school while watching this sort of behavior" going on in front of them?"

I certainly don't, and hey, if he's successful in eliminating prostitution, then I say good for him, but of course that's just my opinion.
One could say the same thing in regards to their kids growing up around firearms or homosexuals or minorities.

With that I would also like to say that this guy is not a vigilante. A vigilante goes out and dispenses justice on the street out of the bounds of the law. This guy is just videotaping and embarrassing people which is perfectly legal.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:

One could say the same thing in regards to their kids growing up around firearms or homosexuals or minorities.

One could, and one would also sound like a bigot and idiot. Firearms, gay people, and minorities do not compare to prostitution in any way.

N00blet45

imported post

But then a person must ask thereself "Do I want my kids growing up, and going to school while watching this sort of behavior" going on in front of them?

Parents have different preferences. That's all I was saying.

You're right firearms, minorities, and homosexuals have nothing in common with prostitution except that they've all be legislated against (unfairly I might add). Morals should NEVER be legislated.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
But then a person must ask thereself "Do I want my kids growing up, and going to school while watching this sort of behavior" going on in front of them?

Parents have different preferences. That's all I was saying.

You're right firearms, minorities, and homosexuals have nothing in common with prostitution except that they've all be legislated against (unfairly I might add). Morals should NEVER be legislated.

True, but you can argue that prostitution has an effect beyond just the two parties involved.