• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aren't you glad you live in an Open Carry State

PT111

imported post

I'm not sure what you are getting at but in this case of all 5 people who have been killed so far they were in places that it was pefectly legal for them to have a weapon on them either open or concealed. It did them no good. Right now I would advise anyone trying to OC around Gaffney as probably 75% of the residents are carrying some type of gun on them. :) I was talking with the sheriff of the nextcounty over a few months ago and he estimated that at least 50% of all men over the age of 60 in his county carried some type of gun on them with or without a permit and he really didn't care. Don't think that because we don't have OC here in SC that long time residents are not armed.

varminter22

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I'm not sure what you are getting at but in this case of all 5 people who have been killed so far they were in places that it was pefectly legal for them to have a weapon on them either open or concealed. It did them no good.
... which begs the question: Were the victims armed when they were murdered? Apparently not.

The right to carry (open or concealed) does a person no good if they are not exercising the right at the moment they need it!

Granted, carrying a firearm does not guarantee safety, but it can increase one's odds.

(By the way, kudos to the sheriff.)

Pace

imported post

OPEN CARRY. OPEN CARRY is what I said.

People have CCW licenses, but its illegal to open carry in SC according to OCdotOrg.
" Summary
South Carolina is not a traditional open carry state. You may not even open carry with a SC permit. However, you may carry a loaded firearm in the glove box or console of your vehicle while traveling and to and from your accomodations."

As an advocate for open carry the idea is also prevention!

PT111

imported post

Pace wrote:
OPEN CARRY. OPEN CARRY is what I said.

People have CCW licenses, but its illegal to open carry in SC according to OCdotOrg.
" Summary
South Carolina is not a traditional open carry state. You may not even open carry with a SC permit. However, you may carry a loaded firearm in the glove box or console of your vehicle while traveling and to and from your accomodations."

As an advocate for open carry the idea is also prevention!
Actually that is a little misleading the way it is worded. You may carry a loaded gun in your glove box, console or trunk at anytime with or without a pemit. From your car to your accomodations you may carry either openly or concealed. If you have a hunting or fishing license you may carry openly or concealed to or from hunting or fishing and while you are hunting or fishing. Also we do not require anyone to get a blue card to obtain a gun nor do we require anyone to specify what kind of gun you can carry once you get your CWP. If you have a CWP then we don't require either a state or federal background check.

Pace

imported post

This is about opencarry, not about CCW, CWP.

I am happy if someone wants, they can open carry in Nevada FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION. They should be able to in SC, and hopefully the laws will be passed.