• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCP in Guilford

Ratt402

imported post

I just recently applied for my CCP (no, I am not going to stop OCing either, just like to have an option! haha) last week on 7-02-09 in Guilford. I was told that they were all caught up and not back logged and it would take the full 90 days to get my permit. Now, I was also told by the same person that when they were slammed full, it was taking less time, but now that they are not slammed, it would take the full 90.

Now, I was wondering if that was just the normal answer they give and people got them in under or if that was the truth. It just seems strange that it took less time to get it when they were back-logged than when they are not.

Take care everyone!

Semper Fi!!

RayBurton72

imported post

Guilford SO has always been VERY slow in issuing permits. they even have effectively made it take longer than 90 days to get a permit by refusing to take the application without an "interview" for which the wait time was at least 6 weeks.

The interview consisted of turning in the application.

The long and short of it: jump through the hoops and they will issue. You just have to wait for it.

mekender

imported post

my interview took something like 7 weeks to get...then it took damn near the full 90 days to get my permit...

Kivuli

imported post

They actually took 94 days to get me my permit. The permit had actually been approved in about 70, but theone person who handles every single permit went on vacation during that time and the office conveniently forgot to call people during that time period and didn't inform the person when they returned that they hadn't. So.

Racer X

imported post

It's possible that some extra help was brought in to the CCW department while they were so busy. I know the guy that scheduled my interview said he was just on light duty and filling in to help in the CCW office temporarily. Now that they are "caught up" it is possible they got rid of the extra help and are back to the regular skeleton crew. I'm looking forward to finally getting mine sometime next month.

ocgso

imported post

Guilford county takes 6 - 7 weeks to get in (and all you do at that appointment is fill out the paperwork). After that is pretty much always the full 90 days to get the permit issued.

It is a shame that some of the counties of who republican sherrifs (who should be pro gun) force you to wait the entire period when the permit is ready sooner. My permit was dated 5/22 (for expiration)and I picked it up the same day I was called (6/15).

The permit was ready for several weeks and I was not notified. When I asked the deputy about this, he said it was standard practice to hold them longer since the law allowed 90 days.

I think it is unfair that I have a few weeks shaved off of the five years I paid for, but my complaint was waived off without a care.

The laws allow county sherrifs a lot of leeway and BJ Barnes takes as much as he legally can.........I know a few weeks off of 5 years ain't much, but I paid for it and think it is unfair that I don't get it.

Same issue with a standard purchase permit. Mandatory 5 day period in Guilford Co. Forsyth co will issue same day.