Post imported post

http://www.champps.com/default.aspx?tabid=268

11694 Plaza America Drive
    Reston, VA 20190

Thursday, July 16th at 7:30PM

RSVP here--> http://tinyurl.com/champps0716

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

We won't be in town - otherwise, I'd be all over this. I've never been to Champp's.

Post imported post

replied.

Post imported post

I will be there
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

I'll be there

Post imported post

I should be there

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

keep the RSVP link in your replies please

RSVP here--> http://tinyurl.com/champps0716

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Would love to come to these, but I work till 9p, except Sunday and Monday (Off).

Carl

Post imported post

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote: up to 27 people so far!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I would love to try to make this and will do my best.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I plan to be there; but work has me in today (1400hrs) and NRA class late Mon/Tues, another late-eveningPM meeting on Weds - so far Thursday is looking good (keeping fingers crossed and hex'n Mr. Murphy).

So a Solid "Maybe..."

Post imported post

It's this Thursday night! Start turning those MAYBE's into Yes or No's!

http://tinyurl.com/champps0716
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I just answered in the affirmative.. hope it took.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I just answered in the affirmative.. hope it took.
    We're pullin' for ya.

http://tinyurl.com/champps0716

Post imported post

see you all there!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    see you all there!
    So we just ask the hostess to be seated in the shooting section?

Post imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
    ed wrote:
    see you all there!
    So we just ask the hostess to be seated in the shooting section?
    lets hope not!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

good seeing everyone!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

It was a good night. Turnout of about 25 or so, including several new faces. The manager made a point of thanking folks personally for coming. There were also a couple of folks from the Virginia Defense Force http://www.vdf.virginia.gov/ there who had not been to a dinner before.

Post imported post

I saw a few problems with this get together. I would have been better if everyone was seated at a long single table to foster conversation and meeting others. Also, since most of use are known by our OCDO handles, perhaps name tags with the handle and the true name would work????

I'm happy I had the chance to join you folks. And with a manager such as the one that came around to thank everyone, I hope their business continues to prosper.

America First!

Post imported post

nice seeing everyone again.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I saw a few problems with this get together. I would have been better if everyone was seated at a long single table to foster conversation and meeting others. Also, since most of use are known by our OCDO handles, perhaps name tags with the handle and the true name would work????

I'm happy I had the chance to join you folks. And with a manager such as the one that came around to thank everyone, I hope their business continues to prosper.

On the other hand, I got to know 5 folks real well. Somehow it was a little more intimate thn sitting at a long table, where I only get to know the folks immdeiately around me anyway.

I kinda like the idea of name tags, for those who choose to wear them.

Post imported post

Fun dinner! I was glad to have a table full of gearheads!:celebrate (Ok 3/4):P I did come away from this dinner with two questions though.

SouthernBoy- Why are you driving a stock TL and not some highly modified American Muscle car for being such a gearhead? I expected a garage full of high HP V8's from your conversation!!! Anyways had a blast listening to car stories!

All- I proposed this at the dinner table, but lets say that I was out with one of my lady friends one night (when I am 21) and I was CC. So some guy starts to verbally harass the girl and I step in to tell him to please back off and deescalate the situation. He decides to get pushy and pulls a knife on me. Obviously I would draw and hope that he got the hint. If he did in fact draw and come at me with the knife I would have to be forced to shoot. My question is that in court, how will self defense hold up? Yes I defended myself from a guy with a knife, but I did not have to talk to him in the first place. The only reason that I talked to him was to deescalate a situation between him and my friend. Would I be said as having instigated the situation in court or would it be justifiable self defense because I was trying to protect a friend by peacefully resolving a situation?

I thought this was an interesting question. I would like to see what everyone's input is. Thanks!

(If there is an issue with it being in this thread I can start a new one if need be. Let me know.)

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Fun dinner! I was glad to have a table full of gearheads!:celebrate (Ok 3/4):P I did come away from this dinner with two questions though.

SouthernBoy- Why are you driving a stock TL and not some highly modified American Muscle car for being such a gearhead? I expected a garage full of high HP V8's from your conversation!!! Anyways had a blast listening to car stories!

All- I proposed this at the dinner table, but lets say that I was out with one of my lady friends one night (when I am 21) and I was CC. So some guy starts to verbally harass the girl and I step in to tell him to please back off and deescalate the situation. He decides to get pushy and pulls a knife on me. Obviously I would draw and hope that he got the hint. If he did in fact draw and come at me with the knife I would have to be forced to shoot. My question is that in court, how will self defense hold up? Yes I defended myself from a guy with a knife, but I did not have to talk to him in the first place. The only reason that I talked to him was to deescalate a situation between him and my friend. Would I be said as having instigated the situation in court or would it be justifiable self defense because I was trying to protect a friend by peacefully resolving a situation?

I thought this was an interesting question. I would like to see what everyone's input is. Thanks!

(If there is an issue with it being in this thread I can start a new one if need be. Let me know.)
    Guns, cars, and boats. It's the way to be in my book. 'Course at present, I am boatless.

I have modded six of the cars I've owned over the years. The reason I have not added any bolt on's to my TL is that there is not as much of a gain by doing this with the 3G TL. Their exhaust systems is actually quite good and reasonably low restriction as is their stock intake system. The best bolt on between these two areas is a quality J-pipe. And you can't install headers because the heads don't have exhaust manifolds - really, I'm not kidding. The engineers did an excellent job tuning the ECU for really good throttle response, too. And finally, it is a luxury performance sedan and as such, I didn't want to mess with this one (have to think of the market when the time to sell comes up). Now the CTS-V, the G8 GXP, and the Z06 really ring my bell. Maybe someday I'll get a "toy" again.

Someone made a comment this week on one of the OCDO forums about how OC'ers tend to be some of the nicest people he meets. Well, I also find this to be the case. The first OCDO OC'er I met was Agent19, at my local McDonalds one Saturday morning. For those of you who have not had the pleasure, he is one affable character - and I mean that in a positive light. He welcomes you in immediately and has a world of stories to tell. For me, he was a strong force to join other OC'ers at restaurant get togethers. Gearheads tend to be the same way. Maybe because cars and guns go together naturally.

Sorry I diverted gentlemen, but I am a hardcore gearhead.

America First!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast