• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chase Bank in Lexington

Statesman

imported post

Be warned. I would be wary of all Chase Bank branches.

I've been told by a reliable source, that if you walk into the Gardenside bank in Lexington Kentucky, the inner (bullet proof) doors will lock you in, and a panel will open for you to deposit your sidearm, before they will open the doors to let you out. Who knows what happens after that.

I believe there are "no gun" signs posted.

JohnKelly

imported post

I highly doubt this, you may want to make a visit yourself. Assuming you mean open carry, do the staff visually check each person for a gun before allowing entry? What if the person is LEO? What is not LEO but want to leave? And who is going to unholster and place their gun in a drawer - secured, unsecured, attended or not?

I'd saw lawfully carrying a weapon into a place of business, and then being refused to exit without removing a lawfully carried sidearm = big $$$ in a lawsuit.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Where is ths bank? I shall go straight there. Because if illegal search and seizure can get cops in trouble imagine the fun a lawyer would have with a private business taking my sidearm. I always wanted to get my hand on some federal bailout money.. this could be my chance.

chris in va

imported post

There are at least two National City branches with the same metal detector chamber, but I didn't see any drawer off to the side.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

klloyd wrote:
So, did anyone ever go in there and actually try it?

I was wondering the same thing. Hey Walkeraviator did ya go?

C'mon boys. You can't pass this up: Money for nuthin' and your checks for free.