• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Positive LE Experience

Ajetpilot

imported post

As I walked into a fast food restaurant in the Maple Valley area for breakfast this morning, I got the “evil eye” from a sheeple that arrived at the door simultaneously. He stared at my Kimber and the Gadsden Flag logo on my bright yellow tee shirt. Then he walked away disgustedly without making any comment. After receiving my meal at the counter, I sat at a table and enjoyed a quiet breakfast. As I ate, I saw the sheeple order breakfast in a to-go bag and leave the restaurant.

When I finished eating, I left the restaurant and immediately saw a King County sheriff’s car enter the parking lot. He drove slowly passed with his window rolled down, smiled, waved and said, “Hi!” I waved back and replied, “Good morning!”

Thinking back, I’m guessing that the sheeple went to his car, called 911 on his cell, then ate breakfast while waiting to see me get hassled/arrested, or whatever his fantasy happened to be. I’m sure his jaw must have dropped when he saw the deputy and me exchange brief pleasantries.

These encounters occur frequently, but I never bother posting them because they are so uneventful. Having read all the posts expressing hesitancy to OC by new members of this forum, I decided to post this one.

It’s not all bad out there, folks. In fact the positive LE encounters with informed, supportive officers, far outnumber the negative ones.

Batousaii

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
Cool. I actually had an old man the other day in Fred Meyer's compliment me on my pistol and thank me for OCing.

Was that the Fred Meyer's on Sedgwick (love my speeling?) ??

- I am a Port Orchard guy too, so was curious how "OC friendly" that Fred Meyer's is? Ishop there from time to time and get my movies from the rental place next door.

Bat :cool:

kenshin

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
sirpuma wrote:
Cool. I actually had an old man the other day in Fred Meyer's compliment me on my pistol and thank me for OCing.

Was that the Fred Meyer's on Sedgwick (love my speeling?) ??

- I am a Port Orchard guy too, so was curious how "OC friendly" that Fred Meyer's is? Ishop there from time to time and get my movies from the rental place next door.

Bat :cool:
I've OC'd a couple times at the Fred Meyer's off of Sedgwick. Only once did anyone say anything.

It was in the Electronics Dept. the supervisor there made a comment that he didn't think I could carry like that in "His" store. I asked if he was the manager, to which he said no. Then asked if he could send the manager over so I could talk with him about their policy etc. He said he would send the manager as well as the security team. At this point he was being kind of dickish. (I don't think he expected me to call him on it and ask for the manager).

I waited around for about half an hour, I had some other shopping to do in there anyways. No one showed up, so I finally told him that I had some other shopping to do and that if the manager wanted to find me I'd be wandering around the store.

I ended up spending another hour in there and never heard a peep from another employee. Although I did have a pleasant conversation with an elderly gentleman in the checkout line about gun laws.

Sorry to hijack the thread Ajet.

Manu

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
It’s not all bad out there, folks. In fact the positive LE encounters with informed, supportive officers, far outnumber the negative ones.
Well talking about that one of OCDO member (I think Bill) left a big stack of pamphlet at Dino's in about 2 months almost 75% of that stack is gone, taken away by many LEO but mostly private citizens. There is not evena single incident of anybody saying against OC or 2nd A right. I telling this here just to let new members know that most of people are pro OC/2nd A right. So do not worry practice your right responsibly

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Manu wrote:
Well talking about that one of OCDO member (I think Bill) left a big stack of pamphlet at Dino's in about 2 months almost 75% of that stack is gone, taken away by many LEO but mostly private citizens. There is not even a single incident of anybody saying against OC or 2nd A right. I telling this here just to let new members know that most of people are pro OC/2nd A right. So do not worry practice your right responsibly

There were over 1200 sheets in that box....Nice going !! It looks like we may have to put another order together soon.