• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

QUICK QEUSTION PLEASE HELP

joe_robi

imported post

i want to go to the grocerie store for a few things, they do sell booze.
can i OC in the grocerie store without a cpl????
plaese help i want to leave soon

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I'm 19 and thus unable to obtain a CPL. I DO NOT go into any establishment that sells the hooch. I'm not sure if I can, so I error on the side of caution. I know the laws says any establishment licensed under the "insert legal jargon here" you can't enter without a CPL.

I don't have the cite off hand but it's readily available on this site, or on Google.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

joe_robi wrote:
WTF - you expect to get a rapid response answer, before you walk out the door, to such a question? And then to post it to two different sections of the forum for what purpose?

Make flashcards or better yet learn the basic do and don'ts before you pretend to carry. There is no substitute for personal responsibility.

Yata hey

PS - Using the cap key appropriately would benefit your readers.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
WTF - you expect to get a rapid response answer, before you walk out the door, to such a question? And then to post it to two different sections of the forum for what purpose?

Make flashcards or better yet learn the basic do and don'ts before you pretend to carry. There is no substitute for personal responsibility.

Yata hey

Isn't there a forum for Virginia?

Geez, nice way to bit(h the guy out for no reason...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
joe_robi wrote:

Yata hey

Didn't know that responsible OC was restricted to Va. - but if you say so.

Yata hey

cabman1

imported post

I second that !!!

(didn't know they didn't teach patience and manners in Virgina either if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all):celebrate:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Never said that asking questions was irresponsible. Implied that waiting to the last minute and expecting someone to answer a basic question immediately was unreasonable.

I did not intend to insult the OP for his lack of knowledge - in fact stated he should acquire that before carrying.

Now if not being of the same opinion contradicts your definition of manners, then I am indeed unmannerly. Your civility is noted.

Yata hey

joe_robi

imported post

a quick quesstion is all it was
i have been researching oc for about1 yr now and here diff from diff people.
it was a simple yes or no.
i know quite abit about oc so far but i didnt know that thanks.

Michigander

imported post

It's legal, as far as I know, with specific permission from the owner of the liquor licensed business. I'd want it in writing.

autosurgeon

imported post

Michigander wrote:
It's legal, as far as I know, with specific permission from the owner of the liquor licensed business. I'd want it in writing.
This appears to be true with permission and as mentioned it should be in writing.

Here is the actual text of the pistol free zones for OC without a CPL

PLACES off limits to firearms without a CPL: Sec. 234d (1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a
person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following: a) A Bank. b) A church. c) A court. d)
A theatre. e) A sports arena. f) A day care center. g) A hospital. h) An establishment licensed under the
Michigan liquor control act (BAR)
. (2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession
of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
b) A peace officer.
c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.
d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that
possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
WTF (If abbreviating a question, use a question mark.) - you expect to get a rapid response answer, before you walk out the door, to such a question? (Start of a new sentence, please use a capital letter.) And then to post it to two different sections of the forum for what purpose?(It's not proper to start a sentence with a conjunction, for example the word "and".)

Yata hey

Didn't know that responsible OC was restricted to Va. - (This should be a comma, not a hyphen.) but if you say so. (This is also a sentence fragment, it should begin with "I" to make it complete.)

Yata hey
If you are going to criticize others, you should be focusing on proper English and sentence structure rather than other peoples use of the caps key. Do not bother to correct others posts until you have corrected your own. Or perhaps flash cards would work best for you.

Veritas

imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
I'm 19 and thus unable to obtain a CPL. I DO NOT go into any establishment that sells the hooch. I'm not sure if I can, so I error on the side of caution. I know the laws says any establishment licensed under the "insert legal jargon here" you can't enter without a CPL.

I don't have the cite off hand but it's readily available on this site, or on Google.
See... that pisses me off. Not you... but the law. I had no idea you were only 19.

CPL laws, if they're going to insist on licensing us to conceal, should be lowered to age 18. Here you have a responsible young man that has to waive his right to bear arms in order to go to a friggin' grocery store. And no, it's not the STORE making him do it... it's the STATE.

If you can voluntarily enlist, or be drafted into, the armed services... then you ought to be able to conceal a damn pistol. I was 17 when I joined the Army... throwing grenades, discharging mines, knocking down Ivans with my M-16. By the time I was 18, I was trained in explosives. I could be trusted by the federal government to rig C4... but not by the State conceal a pistol?

Hogwash.

SlowDog

imported post

Ummmmmmm....question here. I know this is several months later but....Wal-Mart sells alcohol and yet we can OC there. Am I right? I don't want to be in a bind.:what: