• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The way it should be...First OC

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I was taking the wife and kids to the mountain area out in Darrington. Before we even left town (Arlington) my wife wanted something to drink. So I stopped at the 7 eleven. I dont think the wife realized that my pistol was uncoverd until I got to the door of the store. I walked in, grabbed the drinks and proceded to the counter. Of course being the 4th I was about 3rd or 4th in line with many others still shopping. The only thing that I did to make the cashier more comfortable with it was to carry my wallet and a drink in one hand and the other drinks in the other. I placed the drinks on the counter had a short conversation with the lady about me being sick and the family wanting me to still go out and about. She looked down at it but never even flenched. I was laughing about something she said on the way out. My wife assumed that it was about my gun, it wasnt. Never once was it even mentioned. And that to me is "the way it should be".

Although that was the only real OC of the day (the rest was in the woods) I would say a good one.

Trigger21

imported post

Keep it up! I 've OC'd pretty much everywhere in the Arlington and Smokey Point area in the last few months with the exception of Safeway and Haggens without any comments.

I should probably grow a pair and keep it uncovered in Safeway one of these days. Unless theirs someone who's had a positive experience with them latelyI haven't heard about, it sounds like Haggens are just plain against us period.

Would be nice to know if thats changed.

triehl27

imported post

Good Day,

My only critque and it is only that not a criticism. I try whenever possible to leave my gunside hand open. This goes to training I have had. Whether Open Carrying, or Concealed my right side stays open and free, groceries, girlfriend, Daughter whatever go in my left hand and the right remains open. Not saying rest your hand on the grip, but I leave my right hand empty.

I also perfer to sit with my back to a wall and able to see the front door when out is public. Again that is the training I went through. And it would have save Wild Bill Hickock, had he not had his back to the front door the day he was shot.

5918mike

imported post

I oc in the Arlington Haggens and haven't had anybody say a word to me yet.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I have been wanting to try out the Haggens and the Safeway across the street but havent yet. I will soon though...

I prolly would have left that hand open if I didnt have 2 one liter sodas and 2 gatoraides. More so it was having the wallet in hand that I figured would help the cashier with any doubts.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Trigger21 wrote:
Keep it up! I 've OC'd pretty much everywhere in the Arlington and Smokey Point area in the last few months with the exception of Safeway and Haggens without any comments.

I should probably grow a pair and keep it uncovered in Safeway one of these days. Unless theirs someone who's had a positive experience with them latelyI haven't heard about, it sounds like Haggens are just plain against us period.

Would be nice to know if thats changed.

IOC in Bellingham Haggens nothing said, I think ferndale is the only one that has said anything and it might be personal against Richard. I have in Safeway in Lynden nothing said.

When you are with your family engaged in family activities, less likely anybody will say anything to you is what I have noticed.

Manu

imported post

Yours truly myself, Deros, Bookman and Irfner we had done meeting at safeway in desmoines. Deros and myself have done many many OC meetings at same safeway. I have OC at Tops food on Lakeland hills many times never had any problem. If you had any problems the stores you are mentioning, I think its just an isolated problem take some time to inform managers of those store about Washington gun law, I think everythign will be ok.

Faceplant

imported post

I live a few blocks from the 7-11, and if it wasn't me that got them used to OC I haven't met anyone else in the area it could have been as I go in fairly frequently.

I also go into the Safeway to get my groceries and have not had anyone say a word to me about OC'ing there. Although there was a young kid, newbie, stocking a cold isle one day that would not look me in the face. Maybe it was because I was red in the face from doing alot of shoveling that hot afternoon, a bit sunburned also.

Haven't been into Haggen's OC'ing yet, going to have to get a pie there soon I think.

Anyone OC in the local Costco in Smokey Point yet? How did it go?

compmanio365

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
Good Day,

My only critque and it is only that not a criticism. I try whenever possible to leave my gunside hand open. This goes to training I have had. Whether Open Carrying, or Concealed my right side stays open and free, groceries, girlfriend, Daughter whatever go in my left hand and the right remains open. Not saying rest your hand on the grip, but I leave my right hand empty.

I also perfer to sit with my back to a wall and able to see the front door when out is public. Again that is the training I went through. And it would have save Wild Bill Hickock, had he not had his back to the front door the day he was shot.
I try to do the same whenever I can. I don't worry about it too much when I can't or don't though.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Being that I live on Queen Anne hill in Seattle, we have alot of food stores. I have 2 Safeways in the area. I go to the one that I don't mind being asked to leave from, but they haven't said anything. I didOC to a one square block shopping center in my neighborhood that has a kinko's , metropolitan market , bartels and a few other stores. After a few times they posted signs saying no weapons. This is 2 blocks from Seattle Center and this happened last year. Also there is a QFC by Seattle Center on Mercer St. that has a cop on duty at night, no problem there, cops never said a peep. I also carried at Seattle flagship store REI. No problems. :lol:

tat2ed_guy

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:
I hit up the Food Pavilion, Safeway and Blockbuster today with not a word said....Not even from the wife.:celebrate

OH? Silent treatment?....LOL...J/k
Yeah my wife isnt so sure about the whole OC. She knows me and dont think that any confrontation thing will go to well (Im a real smart ass). Which I really dont understand because she also knows that I would never do anything illegal or irresponsible with a firearm. But she did hint at a smile when we were on our way home and I commented about not going to jail and no one even saying anything at all.:lol: