• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass pro - anyone see this yet?

DannyAbear

imported post

For Immediate Release – June 6, 2009

---

Bass Pro. Inc. Clarifies Policy – Open Carry Welcome!

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed.

After being contacted by OpenCarry.org (and apparently some of our almost 20,000 some thousand members) about sporadic inconsistent treatment of open carriers at some Bass Pro shops, Bass Pro’s Manager of Communications Larry L. Whiteley asked OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk for more background information and some time to straighten things out.

Stollenwerk advised Whitely two weeks ago that open carry is legal in most states, usually without a permit, and that Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas have adopted clear corporate policies welcoming open carriers in their stores just as they do concealed carriers. Further Stollenwerk noted, it’s better to adopt one clear corporate policy than allow individual employees make up store rules or give legal advice to customers, i.e., the proverbial but well meaning, “psst, hey, you gotta cover that up, it’s the law” kind of thing, which can get gun owners in trouble for breaking the law and unlawfully concealing (e.g., in Wisconsin where no permit to conceal is even issued).

Well today Mr. Whiteley called and confirmed that Bass Pro’s policy is and “always was” to be to respect lawful customer gun carry, concealed or open, and that steps the following steps are being taken to ensure this policy is understood by all managers and employees, including production and distribution of training videos as well re-drafting of signage pertaining to guns.

OpenCarry.org is pleased that Bass Pro. joins both Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas in clarifying to OpenCarry.org that open carry is welcome in their stores as a matter of corporate policy.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/28171.html

###

Media Contacts:

OpenCarry.org co-founders:
John Pierce: JohnATOpenCarry.org
Mike Stollenwerk: MikeATOpencarry.org

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Redrafting of signs". Cool. Maybe at the entrance? Cooler.

Might be those LA OC guys that went to Bass Pro Shopshould keep"ruining it for everybody else." :D

smoking357

Banned
imported post

DannyAbear wrote:

---

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed.
Score another one for Mike and Mark.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:

---

Right because their the only two OC.ers in this place. :quirky

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:

---

They seem to be the only two who bring issues to a head.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:

---

As if you would know.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
DannyAbear wrote:

---

As if you would know.
Just calling 'em like I see 'em.

Only a leader draws in the kind of haters Mark attracts. You don't get that kind of spiteful retinue without taking some action.

I boycotted a Bass Pro, this weekend, because they threw Mark out. I'm glad to see they reversed their position on OC. If this came a few days sooner, I could have stopped in.

Thanks, Mark and Mike.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Only a leader draws in the kind of haters Mark attracts. You don't get that kind of spiteful retinue without taking some action.

ROFL !

By that logic, I guess your an Obama fan ?
I truly don't know how you crowbarred "logic" into that non sequitur.

Anyway, you're starting to take that off-topic drift, and I have no desire to discuss our President in a Bass Pro thread, so let's get back to the subject.

charlie12

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

ROFL !

Anyway, you're starting to take that off-topic drift, and I have no desire to discuss our President in a Bass Pro thread, so let's get back to the subject.
Your president not mine.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

ROFL !

So I take that as a yes?

You stated "Only a leader draws in the kind of haters". There's a lot of HATE/DISCONTENT towards Obama, so by that logic, you must also consider Obama a Leader worth following.

You said it, I'm trying to understand exactly what you meant.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

ROFL !

So I take that as a yes?

You stated "Only a leader draws in the kind of haters". There's a lot of HATE/DISCONTENT towards Obama, so by that logic, you must also consider Obama a Leader worth following.

You know what I meant. You even agree with it. You just don't like that it's true.

Mark has repeatedly fought for his country. We should thank him.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

ROFL !

So I take that as a yes?

You know what I meant. You even agree with it. You just don't like that it's true.

Mark has repeatedly fought for his country. We should thank him.

m..kay

Anty506

imported post

I'm sure my constant phone calls and etc that I made to corp after being kicked out 6 months ago helped as well ;)

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Anty506 wrote:
I'm sure my constant phone calls and etc that I made to corp after being kicked out 6 months ago helped as well ;)
Indeed. You are a true leader. Thank you for all your hard work.

BTW, are you sure you were kicked out? Never mind. I don't want to open that can of worms, again.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Anty506 wrote:
Indeed. You are a true leader. Thank you for all your hard work.

BTW, are you sure you were kicked out? Never mind. I don't want to open that can of worms, again.

774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif

kimber10mm

imported post

mem recently said that he and his stooges quitey turned and left BP a few weeks ago well his a liar!

they DID NOT quitey turn and leave but stayed in the storeor over 1 hr "just" walking around why is his an allowed to lie and post sch here?

MEMismyHero

Banned
imported post

Kimber 10mm

You need to take a spelling and punctuation class before you try to post on here so we can figure out what you are trying to communicate to us!!!!!!!