• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone carry at work?

Aaron1124

imported post

Does anyone carry concealed while on the job, even if your company restricts employees from having weapons?

If so, how do you concealed? IE - What type of holster do you use for your concealment?

Aaron1124

imported post

Yeah, because the employers are going to know who the posters are on here.

Yes, I'm trolling, because I'm an employer, and I want to figure out the methods that my employees use to conceal their pistols, so I can keep an extra eye out for it.

Ya caught me.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

It's pretty odd you ask what appears to be a question on deep concealment, but really are trying to find out who breaks the rules of where they work. And if you poke around enough you can find a lot of folk's names and jobs on here. So yeah, it's pretty darn suspicious to me.

Aaron1124

imported post

I already told you. You caught me. I'm an employer and am trying to find out who is wrongfully carrying at my company.

Just kidding.

Do you really think that is my intention?

Aaron1124

imported post

Whatever happened to good ol' curiosity? Askin a question without being question for having different intentions than what was asked?

Batousaii

imported post

I would not advise breaking company policy in this economy. Besides, most here are working hard to show the true side of the responsible gun owner, both CC and OC alike. The primary intent is to get the general (read unarmed) populace comfortable, and trusting of the CC/OC populace, we are in fact the same community, and have same goals to make our neighborhoods a safe, trustworthy place. If you want to carry a firearm at work, look for a related job: armed security, police, Body guard, etc. One could be out of a job in a heartbeat otherwise.

I don't think anyone here would advocate breaking a rule, policy, or law.

Bat :cool:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Whatever happened to good ol' curiosity? Askin a question without being question for having different intentions than what was asked?
"Hey, do you break the rules where you work? If so, how do you do it?" Yeah, raises no flags at all.

G27

imported post

At my old job I dealt with large amounts of cash and had keys to a safe in the back which contained thousands. I carried every day for two years without anyone ever finding out. I was always in a suit so that allowed me the coat to conceal. If for some reason I had to not wear a suit, I'd use an ankle holster. At my new job if for some reason I have it on me I'll slip it in my north face jacket's front pocket and make sure that my jacket is in my possession at all times. This becomes quite the hassle so I rarely carry at work, unfortunately.

Carrying to work is a big responsibility and a burden. If you're not in a career and work odd jobs it's not to big of a deal and losing your job would be nothing but an inconvenience. But for those who have time invested and like what they do it becomes a predicament. Remember just because you carry a gun doesn't mean it affords you an opportunity to slack on awareness. If you can't/don't carry all the time, be mindful. I am always aware of my surroundings, know where exits are, and can run fast.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
You obviously break the rules where you work.
Yup, saw that one coming a mile away. You're a ******* troll, and out to create problems with people.

Next response will probably either to say "just kidding" or get all upset for "just asking questions" or tell me what a horrible person I am, etc...

Aaron1124

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Yup, saw that one coming a mile away. You're a @#$%ing troll, and out to create problems with people.

Next response will probably either to say "just kidding" or get all upset for "just asking questions" or tell me what a horrible person I am, etc...
Just kidding, but I'm really upset that you're treating me in this way for just asking a question. You should know you're a really horrible person.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Yup, saw that one coming a mile away. You're a @#$%ing troll, and out to create problems with people.

Does anybody else find it odd that Aaron1124 joined on July 4 and in three days has started more than 10 threads and has nearly 70 posts? That says to me too much time on his hands.

SV, my take isn't troll -- it is rather he doesn't have the wisdom that comes with age to know not to ask those things.Thesubjects ofhis threads, and his questions and replies don't indicate maturity. I'm thinking 17 or 18 YOA, and the whole gun thing is just "cool." Maybe a MySpace refugee?

Aaron, if you want to be taken seriously here, take some of your obviously unoccupied time and read old threads. Read the FAQ. You will get a better sense of what this forum is about, the tenor common to posts and replies, what is acceptable and what is taboo.

Listen to an old man, and realize you can't be learning when you're talking (posting). Try listening (reading) and thinking about what you have heard (read) before blurting out an answer (post), and you will sound more wise and be taken more seriously.

Charles

Agent 47

imported post

Well, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I do carry at work I carry every day everywhere I go. I have carried at every job I have worked at since the age of 18. I have only had one job where it was expressely forbidden I did it anyway, as did several other employees. I have open carried with some jobs but if discression is required to keep my job I use my Keltec 380 tucked into a pocket it is absolutey invisable. Also keeping larger firepower concieled and locked in my vehicle.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I work construction and have always carried something in the vehicle. Lately I carry on my person. Of course I respect the private property rights of people I might be working for.

I have wrote that I got a trolly feeling about aaron, previously. He seemed at first to really push concealed as the best solution. I don't know he either is immature like charles said, a troll or maybe a wacky LEO , fishing for information. The jury is still out.