• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy I came across thinks carrying shotguns is legal

Solar

imported post

:lol: hahahaha! my side hurts from that first pic of the holstered shotgun. Right on! I can just see the sheeple now!:shock::what:

Faceplant

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
my friend has a gun rack on his Honda trail 90 that he uses as he drives through town with his 12ga. And I followon my old bike with my Saiga12 on my back and glock on my hip. :p

but then again, its Arlington
I havn't seen you around town. That would prolly perk even my eyes up a bit.

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

trollthread.png

shad0wfax

imported post

I've OC'd revolvers, pistols and even a battle-rifle (on a sling) before.

I've never OC'd a shotgun other than while hunting. I should add that to my list of things to do.

compmanio365

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
This is a perfectly good holster for OC'ing your shotty.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/firepower.htm
firepower.htm
I clicked the link, "Prices start from $500" Seriously?

Evidently they cater to the drug cartels, how in the hell could you justify charging that kind of coin for that?
That was my thought. I'm not much for accessories that cost more than the price of the gun they are carrying or going onto.

FE427TP

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
MMmmmMmm Sexy!

- too bad Shortys are class-II, that'd be a nice home defense piece.

what's your point? It's not illegal, federally it's a Any Other Weapon, it's a one time $5 transfer of ownership tax, and as far as state law goes it meets the definition of a handgun and does not meet the definition of a shotgun or short barreled shotgun as long as it has never had anything but a pistol grip. Many people in the state already own them and I'm waiting on one right now myself and it will be a nice home defense piece next to my bed

(5) "Shotgun" means a weapon with one or more barrels, designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger

(2) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.
obviously this section is for stuff that isn't excluded by the short barreled shotgun or rifle definitions and before someone says it cant be fired by a single hand does this mean Thompson Center pistols are not pistols? or the Remington bolt action pistols? of course not.

Solar

imported post

I like this information. Please elaborate on the transfer fee. What exactly would one have to do to acquire this set up? I am not sure I understand where you get the "Any other weapon" phrase.

Batousaii

imported post

Yeah ditto .. more info plz

- Unfortunately i grew up in California, where owning a Class-II or "any-other Weapon" is borderline impossible. As i mentioned in an earlier post, I didnt even know WA was open carry until fairly recently. CA is not a gun friendly place, and where as open carry with an empty is legal, you better have balls of steal to do so there... So that's the environment i was used to, and now learning i am comparatively off my leash... as a good dog does, i kinda just sat there even knowing my leash is off.. I love WA for the freedom here, i am just still learning, and getting used to it, that's all... so i guess that would be my point too :?

Bat .

FE427TP

imported post

Solar wrote:
I like this information. Please elaborate on the transfer fee. What exactly would one have to do to acquire this set up? I am not sure I understand where you get the "Any other weapon" phrase.

This is all in relation to federal law not state law...

In 1934 congress was told by their lawyers that they could not ban a citizens right to own a machine gun short barreled shotgun or rifle(originally was rifles with 18" barrels) or other similar weapons including handguns which were originally planned to be banned from citizen ownership in 1934. So congress decided to elaborate on their powers to regulate interstate commerce to tax the transfer of possession of these weapons with a $200 dollar tax instituting a de facto ban. In the late 30's my understanding was farmers and trappers got the tax for any other weapons weapons dropped to $5 since it was a hardship for a weapon they used for their livelyhood. AOW's (Any Other Weapons) are firearms that don't fit the profile of a rifle shotgun or handgun such as: Pistols that have two hand grips, Zip guns that look like something other than a firearm, non muzzle loading cane guns or the handi rifles the single shot rifle catridge over shotgun shell double barrel weapons typically with a 14" barrel or these AOW's that are a shotgun but have never had a shoulder stock put on them and have a barrel less than the 18" minimum.

While state law banned the possession of new machine guns short barreled rifles and shotguns in 1994 AOW's and suppressors have never had this restriction and can transfer between individuals within the state or from a licensed SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer someone who is a firearms retailer and pays a annual fixed tax instead of individual transfer fees) for a $5 tax on the transfer of possession, This is a lengthy process (several months) however and for an individual requires filling out two identical forms along with a additional form that you sign saying you are who you say you are:quirky (yeah I know but they want it) fingerprinting, background check, passport photo's, a signature from your sheriff that he has no reason to believe you are not a law abiding citizen and the BATFE's processing and affixing a literal $200 stamp on the form they mail back to you. A better way of putting it is this is it's about the same as a more involved version of getting your CHL. Corporations and Trusts are also elligible to own these as legally they are a "person" and have different requirements i've never had to deal with because my sheriff will sign these forms as will most in the 37 states where people can legally own these types of weapons. Any other questions feel free to ask.

AOW's:
Covert_firearms.jpg

super_shorty_870.jpg

nfa-aow-02.jpg

scout1.jpg