• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Moved From Texas

James06

imported post

Greetings,

I moved here from Texas about a month ago, I recently found outthat OC is legal here in WAso i was very exited try and exercise this newly acquired right:DI have only one question I have yet to get y WA state drivers Licence due mostly to procrastination, Does this put me on any legal shaky ground hereif Iwere to OC before getting my licence and thus establishing my residency?

I will greatly appreciate any insight given to me regarding this matter

James06

imported post

Thats Good to know so will i have to put my gun in the trunk when i drivein the meantime?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

No, just unload it and put it in a rug. Or wear it on your hip unloaded. Revolver is probably easiest for load/unload in the car. Racking and clearing an autoloader is not always easy to do in discreet fashion.

DEROS72

imported post

You got to be kidding.My whole family on my dads side is from Tyler.I grew up in Houston.

James06

imported post

Small world right? My parents still live there and my younger brother is about to go to chapel hill high.

DEROS72

imported post

I'm not familiar with that school as I am 56 and haven't been back to Texas since 72 when I came back from Vietnam.My Dad who is 80 has been back recently.He grew up there in the 30's and 40's.He said it has changed a little.

James06

imported post

Well My family moved there in 2004, Its a nice small town maybe a lttle behind in some things but nice. Chapel Hill is on the outskirts of tyler it i growing and maybe one day will not be part of tyler

DEROS72

imported post

Well welcome.Lot of guys here know whats what.We are having a huge open carry event on the 18th here in Seatac (see Willow Lake Thread) got alot of news coverage last one we had here so hope you can come.