• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Moved From Texas

DEROS72

imported post

attachment.php

DEROS72

imported post

Check your PM also I sent you the Video link of our last one.Lots of great folks in this group here...Was a good day.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I'm not familiar with that school as I am 56 and haven't been back to Texas since 72 when I came back from Vietnam.My Dad who is 80 has been back recently.He grew up there in the 30's and 40's.He said it has changed a little.
You really arent missing much. I was raised alot of my life in/around Houston. I love Texas but Houston has become real $#!% over the past 10 to20 years.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

James, I also live in Kent and OC everywhere I go. I'm on the East hill of Kent, along the 104 Ave SE (Benson Highway)do you know where in Kent you'll be?

oldkim

imported post

Welcome James,

I was stationed at Ft Hood, TX back in '89-'92. You have lots of ranges close by. The closet is Champion Arms Indoor Range down by Ranch 99 or Renton Fish and Game Club (outdoor pistol, rifle and shotgun)in the Renton Highlands. Others are Black Diamond and Cascade Rifle and Pistol in Ravensdale. For up North you have Wade's Indoor Range in Bellevue and For South you have lots more: Bullseye or Marksman or Tacoma Sportsman's Club and of course Paul Bunyan too.

Welcome to the forum.

Young

DEROS72

imported post

Acouple of us try to go to Champion arms at least once a month.If fact we will be going friday.

James06

imported post

Well I am gonna live in central ave N. Ive tried the Renton Fish and game club. I have to say i am new to the whole gun range scene since back home whenever I wanted to shoot I would just go on my dads land and shoot away.

James06

imported post

Hey guys i haveanother question,

Is it legal for a freind to let me borrow his gun to try it out before i buy it, and while its in my possesion to OC it?

James06

imported post

Ok thanks

Just thought id post about my first OC. I Just moved in to Rock Creek Landing In Kent. I OC'd to the little store that is by the street its a short little walk, I was pretty nervous at first but it subsided as i kept walking. As I walked into the store it seemed like most people didnt notice and the only person who did was the cashier at first he seemed a little hostile heasked me "Is that a real gun?" I said "Yes it is and it is perfectly legal to carry open in wasshington" the cashier just shrugged and took my card. (I wish I would have printed some pamphlets out but my printer is broken:?) all in all i think it was an OK first time.

Manu

imported post

I know which store you are talking about. I have been there few times OCing. PM me your phone number, I'll drop some pamphlets for you or if you are in Burien/Normandy park area you can pick some from me. Or join us (you should :D) on 18th at Willow lake gathering in seatac. its about 15 min or less from your place.