• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is There GoingTo Be An OC Event in Vilas County in July?

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

It was mentioned some time ago that you northwoods folks were thinking about a picnic or other event, possibly in July. I wondered if there was still some interest? If not, maybe we can just get together for lunch in Boulder while carrying.

By the way, do you know of any places to shoot in your neck of the woods?

Dave
Picnic veteran
Adopt-a-Highway veteran

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I tried to get something together for mid-july, and local interest tanked up here since the AG's memo was posted.
The interested groups in the areafeel it is "no longer neccessary" (whatever that means?) everyone was ll for it when we still had snow on the ground, but once fishing season opened it all fell apart.:(

I will attend n informal lunch or dinner at anyplace in Bld Jct. , Mani-waters, Presque, A/V, Woodruff or MQA if you want to pick a time & place.My best available timesare weekdays.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aww that sucks. I kind of get what there saying, but it's always good to meet up with fellow advocates. I too was thinking about making a special trip up there just for that and maybe for a little more fishing :D. Was gunna give you a call when we were up there Nutczak but my little brother's phone died the first day lmao. And I don't own a cell phone.When I say that most people say WHAT?

Let us know if you plan anything and I'll check with work if I can make it or afford to go up! Would love to do it!

Ben

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

There are Open Carrying 2A supporters all over the state, so maybe some of them are looking for an excuse to travel to the north woods. :lol: We'll see how much interest there is for a get-together and go from there.

Right now the long range forecast is predicting rain on Monday the 20th, so that might be a good day for lunch in Boulder.

We'll be staying at the Star Lake campground and I wondered if you knew of any place in the BJ area that had internet access so I could stay in touch? WIFI or something.

Dave

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Wi-Fi in Bld jct? I know Little Bohemia in Mani-watershas free wi-fi, other then that I do not know of too may near star lake.

every place I can think to eatsells alcohol for consumption on premises in that area except for the ice shanty drive-in. We would be sitting outside there, so weather would be an issue. Conover maybe? land-o-lakes?

Blueberries should be ripe when you get up here, I always carry when I am out in the woods and along roadsides foraging.