• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show

Butterbone

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
imported post

That's an interesting question because while the fairgrounds are the same as a public park, the gunshow is a private enterprise.

I carry at the Boone County fairgrounds all the time. But never during a gunshow. Of course, they don't have gun shows at the Boone County faigrounds.

Brian D.

imported post

I don't have a cite for this, but at least four different gunshow promoters have told me over the years that in order to get insurance coverage, they must stipulate that no loaded firearms will be allowed in the show, except by sworn, on-duty law enforcement officers, or words to that affect. (I doubt they all made up the same exact lie for my benefit, but I've never seen those insurance policies with my own eyes either, in all fairness.) What most shows will let you do is carry your empty, probably zip tied firearms in.

Statesman

imported post

The gun shows held in downtown Lexington will ask that you declare all your firearms at the door, and they will verify it is unloaded, and put it in an unusable condition with a plastic strap. You probably wouldn't be able to holster it afterwards.

I find it ironic that some gun stores, like Antique & Modern, don't allow loaded firearms in their store for "safety" reasons. One would think, of all places in Lexington, a gun store would allow a loaded firearm. It's not like someone is going to come in and hold up the place with a gun. You'd have to be stupid to do that.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Statesman wrote:
The gun shows held in downtown Lexington will ask that you declare all your firearms at the door, and they will verify it is unloaded, and put it in an unusable condition with a plastic strap. You probably wouldn't be able to holster it afterwards.

I find it ironic that some gun stores, like Antique & Modern, don't allow loaded firearms in their store for "safety" reasons. One would think, of all places in Lexington, a gun store would allow a loaded firearm. It's not like someone is going to come in and hold up the place with a gun. You'd have to be stupid to do that.
You would be surprised...i believe there is a Darwin award recipient who did just that...

KY_CCDW

imported post

Most gun show operators, including Kenny Wood's shows and Ron Dickson's shows (National Gun Day) ask that you not carry a loaded firearm into the show. If they see your gun, they'll ask to 'secure it' with a zip tie.

I've never had a problem there however.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Since it is a gun SHOW.....people more than anytime else handle all types of fire arms. Every show I know of secures your weapon upon entry, including Knob Creek.

I have never seen anyone SEARCHED for CC.

If an officer is wearing his badge, and ID'd as an officer, his weapon is not secured by tie down.:dude: