• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Registry?

Dustin

imported post

yale wrote:
Don't go just to stir sh*t up. If you have actual shopping to do and it's somewhere that you would go anyway then sure, OC while there. But don't just go to screw wtih the management. Just go about your regular chores/errands with your pistol and don't make any special trips.
+1

imported post

Yes, let us OC in our closets, don't dare do anything to PROMOTE OC.
Again, it's a shame the OC "movement" (ha !) can't learn the basics from those who have gone before us.
Or, as the late, great Nathan Earl Miller oft said, "take 'em off the streets, give 'em books, try and try to teach them to read, they use the pages for toilet paper."

Yep.

rmansu2

imported post

FishingBack wrote:
I think the Bass Pro needs to be taken off the bad list. I can't figure out how to do that.

Top right, add Business.

Do a search for Bass Pro in Denham.

Rate it and add a comment then submit.

Far as I can tell the program will add or subtract as you rate it.

Dustin

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Again, it's a shame the OC "movement" (ha !) can't learn the basics from those who have gone before us.
Or, as the late, great Nathan Earl Miller oft said, "take 'em off the streets, give 'em books, try and try to teach them to read, they use the pages for toilet paper."

Yep.

That’s astrawman and a pretty weak one at that.

Anyway, It's not about promotion for me. It's about defending my self and my family. I'm not trying to educate the public; I'm trying to mind my business, while getting done what I need to get done, in the quickest, safest way possible. I have a family to support; Kids, wife, aging parents/grandparents. Parading around in protest begging for someone to make a move against me is NOT in my schedule of priorities.

Either way when educating people, we should resort back to raising children. If your child doesn’t know something, do you scare him into submission? I would hope not. The public has been riddled with the entertainment saturation. A lot of them are straight scared of firearms. I don’t think shoving it down their throats is the best form of education here. It might work for some, but you can’t teach everyone like that, nor should we. Do you deny their right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Who defines what those three are to each individual? It’s not you.

Open your mind Sir! Brute Force is not always wise when it comes to War, especially when you DO NOT contain the numbers to support such a tactic.

;)

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Yep.
They seem to say that OC is fine, as long as nobody sees you doing it.

If you bring OC to new persons and businesses, you're trying to "stir things up." Just OC where it won't cause anyone to confront something new, and you'll have done your highest duty of minding your place.

Years ago, being a homosexual was a crime. Now, they can get married and have full health benefits, and if you speak out against one, you'll be charged with a "hate crime." That's taking an issue an winning with it, and they didn't do it by being meek and quiet.

It seems many gun owners are just cowards.

imported post

That Jesse and Al comment floors me.
Let's see, forget the ENTIRE civil right struggle where people actually DIED ( a foreign concept to today's keyboard kommandos) merely to avoid the possibility one or two swindlers may emerge from amongst the ranks of the honest folk.

Don't do anything to ensure the blacks have the right to vote, drink from the water fountains, conduct themselves on an even footing with their white fellow Americans.
Nope, can't do that, a Jesse Jackson type might benefit from this effort.

All I can do is shake my head and wonder...............

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

Yet another Straw man

Do you even dare to go back through the last two pages and please quote me as saying either that or what Mark said? it will be a waste of yourtime, b/c I promise you it's not there.

Carrying a firearm OPENLY for protection, and making plans to go to a specific Walmartstrictly for the purpose of TESTING THE WATERS, is not at all the same thing, and the latter is most definitely NOT what the 2A is about. This is your OWN agenda at work, and in my opinion, is a disgrace to what the founding fathers wrote the 2A for in the first place.

Let's see what straw man you can pull out of this post.

imported post

Smoking357 and myself seem to be the ONLY two on THIS board who DO know what the 2nd amendment represents.
Nope, nothing to do with making sure some two bit street thug doesn't jack you.
It's to ensure the citizenry are ARMED to protect themselves from either a foreign invader OR ( a much more likely scenario) an oppressive government.
The VERY same oppressive government today's cowardly citizens have allowed to come to be.
A disgrace to the founding fathers? Take a look in the nearest mirror.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

Yet another Straw man

Do you even dare to go back through the last two pages and please quote me as saying either that or what Mark said? it will be a waste of yourtime, b/c I promise you it's not there.
I missed the passage where I quoted you. Speaking of text that doesn't exist...

Feeling guilty?

Carrying a firearm OPENLY for protection, and making plans to go to a specific Walmart strictly for the purpose of TESTING THE WATERS, is not at all the same thing,
How so?

and the latter is most definitely NOT what the 2A is about. This is your OWN agenda at work, and in my opinion, is a disgrace to what the founding fathers wrote the 2A for in the first place.
The 2A was written so the citizens could show force to the government to keep the government meek, mild, obedient and fearful.

Any act that puts an armed citizen in the presence of government or reminds the people that they can show force to the government has utility.

I think what's most evident in this post is your deeply held subservience to the state and the status quo.

You're not fully with us. What's really funny is your odd conclusion that if there are two men OC'ing Wal-Mart, similar in all outward regards, one can be a proper person, while the other can be a "disgrace to what the Founding Fathers wrote for the 2A," depending on the thoughts in their respective minds.

Dustin

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
I missed the passage where I quoted you. Speaking of text that doesn't exist...

Feeling guilty?
As if you weren't talking to me. I'm the only other one talking on this topic this morning.
Carrying a firearm OPENLY for protection, and making plans to go to a specific Walmart strictly for the purpose of TESTING THE WATERS, is not at all the same thing,
One has to happen, the other doesn't.
and the latter is most definitely NOT what the 2A is about. This is your OWN agenda at work, and in my opinion, is a disgrace to what the founding fathers wrote the 2A for in the first place.
The 2A was written so the citizens could show force to the government to keep the government meek, mild, obedient and fearful.
And how many government employee's work at Walmart?
I think what's most evident in this post is your deeply held subservience to the state and the status quo.

You're not fully with us. What's really funny is your odd conclusion that if there are two men OC'ing Wal-Mart, similar in all outward regards, one can be a proper person, while the other can be a "disgrace to what the Founding Fathers wrote for the 2A," depending on the thoughts in their respective minds.
That's just it, your not just two men walking in Walmart. Here on this board, you have set out in your own words/plan to specifically go to the Ruston Walmart, for the PURPOSE OF, seeing if the management will somehow violate your RTKBA. That's more than just two guys who had to stop by Walmart on the way to the fishing hole. You've made plans to stir the hornets nest.

Now once again, stay with me here strawmania, I never said you shouldn't do what you feel is necessary of pertinent to fight for what you believe in or what you believe is right, only that IN MY OPINION it is not the proper way. I have no authority to tell you anything about how to go about your life.

Eitherway there was plenty things in the past few posts I've made that were completely ignored and passed over. Perhaps answering those questions first might better inform you of my position.

kdick3

imported post

*sigh*

Again, classic case of, "Let's go show em' who's boss round these parts!"

Do you know why the Student's for Concealed Carry on Campus vote failed passage in the Legislature? It's because the one's who MAKE the laws (that's right, the congressmen - not the citizens) and the media outlets who INFLUENCE the congressmen view gun owners as radical, arrogant, cowboy pricks. And it's people such as these (the real radical, arrogant, cowboy pricks that like to kick the bull) that gave ALL gun owners this reputation. So congratulations! Because a select few of you like to "stir the pot," students must disarm themselves when going to class.

If anyone feels like robbing/raping defenseless 18-24 year olds I know where you can find 35,000 of them.

Thanks. :cuss:

It's a shame people are too damn stubborn to try to play the game a different way. We might have actually made some progress over the years. Instead, where have your efforts gotten you? Oh right, now you can OC on a motorcycle and BPS lets you carry there, too. Big wins for the home team!

kdick3

imported post

Without even realizing it, you managed to get at least SOME of it right.
Yes, the 2nd amendment IS all about "showing them who's boss."
Anything other than that would be a slave.

See previous post:

"It's a shame people are too damn stubborn to try to play the game a different way. We might have actually made some progress over the years. Instead, where have your efforts gotten you? Oh right, now you can OC on a motorcycle and BPS lets you carry there, too. Big wins for the home team!"

Again, thanks for contributing to the disarmament of 35,000+ students.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Absolutely correct.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kdick3 wrote:

See previous post:

"It's a shame people are too damn stubborn to try to play the game a different way. We might have actually made some progress over the years. Instead, where have your efforts gotten you? Oh right, now you can OC on a motorcycle and BPS lets you carry there, too. Big wins for the home team!"

Again, thanks for contributing to the disarmament of 35,000+ students.
Liberty is never given to anyone. The way to gain more Liberty is to turn up the wick.

You want to win through weakness. That's not going to happen.