• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Registry?

FishingBack

imported post

I know that MEM and others have been practicing OC and raising awareness.

I wonder if there is a log of businesses that are identified as OC friendly or hostile?

Has there been much OC activity in NWLA? I heard about the infamous incident in the Ruston Walmart. I'd be up for an OC trip up here.

FishingBack

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Ruston Walmart? Absolutely.
When do we leave?

I live in Shreveport but I do work near Ruston. I could do a lunchtime visit to the Ruston Walmart.

FishingBack

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
Check out the DHS Homepage for a complete registry of OC'ers in your area.
I'm going to look at the DHS page because I'm not sure what you're talking about.

FishingBack

imported post

FishingBack wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
I'm going to look at the DHS page because I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Can you give me a direct link? This list did not noticibly stand out.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

methinks that was a joke.
2437_silly_couple.gif

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FishingBack wrote:
FishingBack wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
Can you give me a direct link? This list did not noticibly stand out.
Sorry. Should of used a yellow thing. :)

FishingBack

imported post

I think businesses could be put in the following categories:

1. Officially accepts OC and CC, does not contribute to anti 2A causes

2. Officially accepts only CC, does not contribute to anti 2A causes

3. Unknown, does not contribute to anti 2A causes

4. Officially hostile to all carry and/or contributes to anti 2A causes

I say officially, because some rogue manager could be anti carry and go against official policy. Rather than boycotting the business, I think they should be dealth with personally by going over their head.

Letter grades or some such could be applied. It would be nice to have a quick reference before shopping trips.

rmansu2

FishingBack

imported post

I think the Bass Pro needs to be taken off the bad list. I can't figure out how to do that.

sraacke

imported post

FishingBack wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Ruston Walmart? Absolutely.
When do we leave?

I live in Shreveport but I do work near Ruston. I could do a lunchtime visit to the Ruston Walmart.
Don't go just to stir sh*t up. If you have actual shopping to do and it's somewhere that you would go anyway then sure, OC while there. But don't just go to screw wtih the management. Just go about your regular chores/errands with your pistol and don't make any special trips.

imported post

Most posters here need to take a few weekends to read up on the civil rights struggle of the 50's/60's.
Various groups would bus in tons of people, lots of times from hundreds of miles away, to "stir the pot." This is part of how they managed to register blacks to vote, etc.
It's a shame OC'ers can't learn from others who have gone before us, but in other arenas.