• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained at Pick N Save

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
He stated that corporate is in the process of changing their policy to ban the carrying of firearms in the store in response to the recent law change.
So many places would rather be "criminal friendly" than keep their customers safe...

Support The 2nd

imported post

If you get confirmation of a policy change, I say it is time for action.

Set the date, as soon as possible, and PICKET the headquarters, along with as many stores as possible. Get the info to that McCenna?? woman you is supposed to be "gun friendly" let her trash there business on the air a little bit, and then let's see what they say.

comp45acp

imported post

I also sent an email to Roundys', explained how much money my family spends in their stores and asking if they really want me to spend that money somewhere else. Waiting a response which I will post when/if I get one.

smithman

imported post

Email Sent.

Pick n Save is getting near a monopoly in the Waukesha area....need to flood their inbox with pro-carry emails to keep them from considering a firearm ban.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Set the date, as soon as possible, and PICKET the headquarters, along with as many stores as possible. Get the info to that McCenna?? woman you is supposed to be "gun friendly" let her trash there business on the air a little bit, and then let's see what they say.

Yup! Its time to make an example out of a company and Pick N Save/ Roundy's is the perfect one. If they really do establish a anti-rights policy, We need to take decisive action. I will personally organize the protest/picket.

Pick N Save needs to take the path of other national retailers and honor the legal rights and laws of the state.

NO ONE has ever walked out of a pick n save or NOT spent money in a pick n save because I, Comp, or any of teh other DOZENS of us were OC'ing in pick n save. I wonder how "smart" an anti-rights policy will be in a state full of sportsmen like wisconsin. When 100 people are standing on the public sidewalk in front of various pick n saves on various days with TV camera's present (and they WILL be present) I think pick n save will realize REAL quick a little bad PR goes a LOOOONG way.

I won't jump the gun and I'll wait for the return phone call from the VP of retail operations, but if they proceed with this unsubstantiated "rumored" policy, this is one I personally won't let go.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Guys, I switched to Aldi and Walmart for my groceries after a non-firearms related incident that I had at Pick-n-Save. I went to purchase a 30 pack of Busch Light (read cheap) with my 8 month pregnant wife and 2 year old son. I did them the favor of placing my ID on the 30 pack to save time since I knew they were going to ask. The guy then asked for my wife's ID. I told him that I was buying the beer and in the State of Wisconsin, I could buy my 2 year old a beer in a tavern if I wanted to. He got really confused and said that I might be West Allis PD for all he knew. I told him that we were making a legal purchase so it didn't matter. I knew that "corporate" had come up with some really stupid rules, but this one took the cake. I then asked if he wanted to see my son's ID too. He said no. Needless to say, my wife didn't have her ID on her so I was getting boiled.

I then asked the guy, "What if we leave, I load up the groceries in the truck, and I come back in to buy the beer?" He said he couldn't sell to me because he knew my wife was with. I asked him, what if I come back tomorrow? Will you sell to me then? I will still be married to the lady. Do I have to get a divorce before I can buy beer here again? The guy was dumbfounded. Needless to say, I'm done there. Pick-n-Save is on the same list as Citgo in my books. I won't even use their air to fill up my tires, even if it is free. Plus, Aldi is at least 20% cheaper.

Anyone ever OC at an Aldi store? I wonder what their policyis? Maybe I don't want to find out...:?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Yes, I've OC'd at Aldi's on Oklahoma ave in Milwaukee.

I'm going to stay on pick n save though. Ignorant disregard for our legal rights and willful empowerment of criminals MUST have reprecussions.

These stores are just assinine in their logic.

Do they REALLY think any thugs are leaving their guns in the car? Hell no. They already concealled. continue to conceal and laugh at the signs. These signs affect ONLY us law-abiding citizens.

I mean good grief. Not a SINGLE negative incident but the mamby-pamby stores in wisconsin and its COMPLETELY behind the times ignorant irrational knee-jerk negative reaction to anything and everything about guns.

Get with the times Wisconsin businesses. Look at the other 48 states that give you ALL the evidence you need of the NON-issue of law-abiding carrying guns.

JG

imported post

I wonder if we just dont have an Anti Gun Mgr here and its not company policy. :question:As far as the way these cops are acting it makes you wonder what kind IQ here. I cant stand a cop who doesnt know his job. Maybe if we paid them a decent salery we could demand more from them. Too often we get kids with a gun or want be able bully someone.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had a conversation with a manager at the pewaukee Pick on the 4th. He was up to date on all the laws, knew it was legal, and didn't have an issue with it. The only reason he stopped me was because one of his employees said something and he wanted to see it for himself. He even told me that he was surprised that I was the first guy he'd seen. No issue at this store so I plan to keep going there. Which reminds me, I need to get a hold of brookfield square again and see if they've had any developments.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:

Yup! Its time to make an example out of a company and Pick N Save/ Roundy's is the perfect one. If they really do establish a anti-rights policy, We need to take decisive action. I will personally organize the protest/picket.

Pick N Save needs to take the path of other national retailers and honor the legal rights and laws of the state.

NO ONE has ever walked out of a pick n save or NOT spent money in a pick n save because I, Comp, or any of teh other DOZENS of us were OC'ing in pick n save. I wonder how "smart" an anti-rights policy will be in a state full of sportsmen like wisconsin. When 100 people are standing on the public sidewalk in front of various pick n saves on various days with TV camera's present (and they WILL be present) I think pick n save will realize REAL quick a little bad PR goes a LOOOONG way.

I won't jump the gun and I'll wait for the return phone call from the VP of retail operations, but if they proceed with this unsubstantiated "rumored" policy, this is one I personally won't let go.

We don't have Roundy's stores in the Central Sands or the "West Coast" to my knowledge. If it comes down to an absolute and protest becomes necessary, I will make the trip and I will bring the wife and CHILDREN! It would really look bad to be picketed by pregnant women, or mothers with little ones, I bet I could even get my relation from Kenosha to show up as well.

Going off "half cocked" won't help our cause so, I too will wait for the corporate response, or lack there of.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
Anyone ever OC at an Aldi store? I wonder what their policyis? Maybe I don't want to find out...:?
I've OC'd at the store on Douglas Ave. in Racine a couple times.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Most police officers do make a decent salary. Starting out at $19 to $22 buck an hour is nothing to sneeze at.
Agreed. Cops make great money especially when you consider they don't need to go spend 4 years and pay for college to get the position.

In addition, 20 years service and you get a full pension? Its nice to be able to retire at 38 with a full pension, then go get another job and make 6 figures for the rest of your life. Not to mention with overtime, I know cops now who make6 figures.

Great benefits and great "fringe" benefits of getting out of nearly all speeding/traffic infractions including dui?

decent salary. rotflmao

comp45acp

imported post

Roundy's executives need to understand what keeping us out of their stores will cost them. It probably doesn't do any any good to contact "Customer Service" as we will get the standard answer of "for the safety of all of our customers......"

The person to contact is the Chief Financial Officer. He is the person held responsible by the share holders for the company's financial success, or failure. He is the guy who knows what the likely lifetime value of each customer is to the corporation.

For Roundy's that person is"

Darren Karst
Executive Vice President and CFO
Roundy's Supermarket, Inc.
P.O. Box 473
Milwaukee, WI 53201
414-231-5000

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Pick -n- Save is already experiencing financial problems. Picketing their stores that are violating our rights is necessary to our cause. A law suit may even be in order here.

Money talks, it is the only thing that matters to these corporate jugheads. So hit them where it hurts. Make a statement.

Make a sign that says something like:

You can't just pick -n- save our rights!

Don't spend your money in the communist market!

If your going to buy American then Buy into the American Constitution.

protias

imported post

I had no problem with the one in Sussex. Only people I could tell who was looking at me were working in the deli.

smithman

imported post

I have been OCing every week at the Pick n Save on Sunset in Waukesha for months. I have yet to be approached by anybody, including LEOs, managers, or even just one customer.