• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

save a lot response

dukenukum

imported post

Mr. Ray in response to your complaint about being asked to leave our Lansing store location for carrying a firearm, it is and has always been our stance with our stores that we do not allow firearms in our facilities under any circumstances. We do have the right as a private business to ask anyone violating this policy to leave our property immediately. Very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we welcome you to continue shopping at our store.

Loren doty
Director of Retail Operations
Alliance Foods Inc.
517-278-2396 ext 1267
ldoty@alliance-foods.com

There it is Ladies and gentlemen they do not respect Lawful carry in their stores so I will be shopping else where from this point on and invite other second amendment people to join me . they have their rights and I have mine . :cuss:if this needs to be posted in another section please feel free to move this .

autosurgeon

imported post

I don't shop in em anyway as they sell rotten produce over here and I feel if poor folks can use their bridge card... which is just a debit card then I should be able to use my debit card as well.

Now I have another reason to stay away!

Glock2go

imported post

OK, so why not flood the E-mail address with our responses and let Loren Doty know how many of us would like to see this policy changed. I'm sure that they would reconsider if they knew how many potenial customers they stand to lose. A phone call probably wouldn't hurt either.

dukenukum wrote:
Mr. Ray in response to your complaint about being asked to leave our Lansing store location for carrying a firearm, it is and has always been our stance with our stores that we do not allow firearms in our facilities under any circumstances. We do have the right as a private business to ask anyone violating this policy to leave our property immediately. Very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we welcome you to continue shopping at our store.

Loren doty
Alliance Foods Inc.
517-278-2396 ext 1267
ldoty@alliance-foods.com

There it is Ladies and gentlemen they do not respect Lawful carry in their stores so I will be shopping else where from this point on and invite other second amendment people to join me . they have their rights and I have mine . :cuss:if this needs to be posted in another section please feel free to move this .

mastiff69

imported post

I just left a message with Mr. Doty about the firearm issue and left both my phone no's , if they don't allow firearms then i want to know as i spend 2-300 $ a month, at there Battle Creek store. As i live quarter mile from them..

And if they don't allow ANY firearms there i want the police to know that as i don't want them to violate Corporate policy......:lol:

I spoke with Mr. Doty he returned my call this morning 07/08/2009 10am appox,seemed honest, and said that they would be revisting their policies on firearms.

Veritas

imported post

dukenukum wrote:

Loren doty
Alliance Foods Inc.
517-278-2396 ext 1267
ldoty@alliance-foods.com

If I ever got a response like this from someone, the I'd ask them what other rights they choose to disallow on their premises. I'd ask them if I'm allowed to wear a Yamaka or a Turban.

Wearing a religious item and wearing a pistol are both covered under the same Bill of Rights.

But... it IS their right to request that you waive rights when patronizing their store. Rather than flood their email inbox (I think it's counter productive), a simple list of names of people emailed to them would probably suffice. Just say something like, "We respect your rights... but here is a list of people you have alienated as a result of not respecting theirs. Good day."

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Here is what I have sent and received so far from Save-a-Lot. I will post there final decision when I get one.

As President of Michigan Open Carry Inc. a Michigan pro-gun non-profit organization I was very sorry to read (below) of your policy to ban firearms from your stores. I would think with the tough economic times and with so many competitors your company would welcome all law abiding customers. There are over 240,000 licenses concealed carry permit holders in Michigan alone, with thousands more that can lawfully open carry a handgun without a license. All are potentially lost customers.

Several corporations (see list below) follow state law in regards to the lawful possession of firearms in their stores and they do not have problems in this regard and benefit by having a larger customer base.

I suggest you revisit your policy on firearms and allow the lawful carry of them in your stores. If you still wish to ban firearms and lose valuable customers we will list you store's policy on several pro-gun sites not only in Michigan but nationally as well.

I look forward to your response and decision.
Sincerely,
Brian Jeffs, MS. CPG.
President-Michigan Open Carry, Inc.

I HAVE DELETED THE LIST OF STORES, ETC.

HIS RESPONSE:

Mr. Jeffs thank you for the information you sent in regards to carry of open firearms. I would like to inform you that Save-A-Lot has over 1150 stores nationwide of which we are a licensed operator of thirteen of those stores in the State of Michigan. We do not represent all of those stores position on this matter and are not speaking on their behalf. We are however taking under review our policy on the firearms issue and will contact you with our decision later this week. Again thank you for providing the information on the other companies you have had contact with.

Sincerely
Loren Doty
Alliance Foods Inc.

MY RESPONSE TO HIM:

Thank you for your speedy response. I look forward to hearing back from you.

I would like to remind you that you have nothing to fear from law abiding citizens with firearms, they have proven time and again to be some of the safest segments of society. It's the criminal person that ignores gun free zones and the law. A criminal intent on harming others does not obey the laws and a firearms ban will not make your stores safer, in fact they put your stores at risk.

Why do you think most mass shootings take place in schools, Church's and business that ban firearms? Because the criminal knows these places are defenseless. How many mass shooting occur at gun ranges/shows or police stations? If criminals know that law abiding citizens are allowed to possess firearms in your stores you have in fact put on notice to criminals to pass on your stores and find an easier target.

We have a growing population of gun owners in this country and Michigan concealed gun permits have almost doubled in the last six months. With this increase in people carrying firearms for self-defense there has been no violent crimes committed by these permit holders.

Please ponder these facts while making your decision to ban firearms.

Thank you.
Brian Jeffs

Michigander

imported post

Glock2go wrote:
OK, so why not flood the E-mail address with our responses and let Loren Doty know how many of us would like to see this policy changed. I'm sure that they would reconsider if they knew how many potenial customers they stand to lose. A phone call probably wouldn't hurt either.
At times, I believe this can be a good idea. Like recently this appears to have helped with Bass Pro Shops. But I humbly suggest it must be done sparingly. Stores prohibiting us is only a symptom of success. It is GOING to happen, a lot as a matter of fact.

If we pester the hell out of stores that ban our presence, it can end up making us look extremely rude, and public image is an enormous concern at this point. :?

DanM

imported post

Is Loren Doty male or female? I see Mastiff69 say, "Mr. Doty" and I see Brian refer to "her". I know "Loren" is a male name (my grandfatheris "James Loren Deloach Jr), but maybe it is used by females as well, since it sounds similar to "Lauren".

What's the verified sex of Mr/Ms Doty, so I know how to address him/her in a polite but firm email?

Veritas

imported post

Great job on the letter, Venator. That's about as close to a 180 as you can get (without actually reversing the prior decision).

As for the name, I'm with Dan on this one... "Loren" is typically male while "Lauren" is typically female.

mikestilly

imported post

Great message to them and response! Growing population of gun owners is putting it lightly. It's more like exploding like a fireworks show on the 4th of July. If they want to get a grasp of the numbers they may want to take a look at the CPL licenses issued report the state of Michigan puts out regularly. By banning gun owners they are literally turning a way a huge segment of the Michigan population.

Glock2go

imported post

Any response from save a lot yet on this issue?
Glock2go wrote:
At times, I believe this can be a good idea. Like recently this appears to have helped with Bass Pro Shops. But I humbly suggest it must be done sparingly. Stores prohibiting us is only a symptom of success. It is GOING to happen, a lot as a matter of fact.

If we pester the hell out of stores that ban our presence, it can end up making us look extremely rude, and public image is an enormous concern at this point. :?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Great Job, Venator!!

I emailed Mr. Doty, too, when I first read this, and I have received the same response. I hope they received so many e-mails that during this decision-making process they really consider the economic impact of their policy.

Venator

imported post

Glock2go wrote:
Looks like Loren Doty forgot about you, or was just appeasing you for the time being. It has been more than 2 weeks and still no response from him,
He emailed and wants to talk to me. I gave him my number last week. I will email him again.

Venator

imported post

Over the phone my wife just played a phone message from Mr. Doty of Alliance foods (Save-A-Lot). He stated that the 13 stores they operate in Michigan will follow state law and allow firearm carry.

So another victory for Michigan Open Carry, Inc. If you are not a member yet please join and help us defend your 2A rights.

Brian Jeffs, President MOC, Inc.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator wrote:
Over the phone my wife just played a phone message from Mr. Doty of Alliance foods (Save-A-Lot). He stated that the 13 stores they operate in Michigan will follow state law and allow firearm carry.

So another victory for Michigan Open Carry, Inc. If you are not a member yet please join and help us defend your 2A rights. Jeffs, President MOC, Inc.
Great Job!

Do we have a listing of these 13 stores (location)?