• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leesburg BB&T robbed (again)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I had to send them one last thing:

- - - - - -

In a message dated 7/8/2009 3:44:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, OnlineSupport@bbandt.com writes:
BB&T adopted a corporate policy several years ago prohibiting firearms on bank premises.
It does not look like that is working to well for you. Bad guys seem to TARGET BB&T because they know in advance that no employee or customer will be armed. Good luck with your policy... I hope it does not end up that you just lose money with such a stupid policy instead of lives as well. In some states BB&T would be liable for the death (by law) because of your ban. I can only hope Virginia passes such a law.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Postcard Sent!!

Ref article: http://tinyurl.com/banksign

<snip>
...About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a sign on the front door prohibiting concealed weapons from his business and decided to make a policy change....
<snip>

heybbt.jpg

simmonsjoe

Those idiots lost my business forever, I hope they get robbed as much as possible, maybe they will go out of business. But really, when the robbers come in, they should tell them guns not allowed, surely they will just leave.
That is uncalled for. Hoping some poor low-wage employee's lives are endangered to satisfy your frustration is disgusting.

Neplusultra

Ref article: http://tinyurl.com/banksign

<snip>
...About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a sign on the front door prohibiting concealed weapons from his business and decided to make a policy change....
<snip>

LOL!! From the news article quoting the bank president and one of his reasonings for inviting CC inside the bank...

"“But if you’ve got a policy allowing handguns, he (the potential robber) won’t know how many people are going to be in here carrying a concealed weapon. There may be some little old lady who’s mad at the government, and she’d love to use it,” he said."

RichV

Well, synergy one in Manassas is deterring is bank robbers by having a "no hat or sunglasses" policy. Unfortunately, the place keeps getting robbed by a guy wearing sunglasses and a hat. Imagine that.

opencarrypalmtrees

another good bank for open carry in ashburn va

well I tried apple credit union in ashburn va they don't care that I open carry. So I just keep on using them no problems :)

opencarrypalmtrees

banks that don't allow open carry in ashburn and leesburg don't work for carry

by the way I am sorry that darn bank got robbed maybe that no gun policy doesn't work :p

I wanted to get an account with northwest federal credit union but they seem to have a no weapons policy posted in the front of their door.