Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Jefferson parish taking risk.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    Poor guy from BS.comwent and asked Jefferson Parish about carrying.

    Well, you can read the rest for yourself....

    rm2092
    I do have a ccw permit and thought I would ask abought open carry it seems to be a big topic right now. I just asked a commander that is with Jefferson Parish and he said as far as he knows there is no open carry and you will be arrested if you do. Just thought I would post this.

    Then this guy;
    leVieux
    I asked a Jeff Parish S.O. desk officer and was told that I would be arrested for concealed carry because part of the pistol would be "concealed". When I told him that I have a carry permit, he said that it didn't matter????????? When I told him that there was a LA Supreme Court ruling that they couldn't try that argument again; he said it wouldn't matter, either. I would be arrested.
    This is an ANARCHY of men in blue. Why can't the cops obey the law? They are above it, that's why. They say they ARE THE LAW.
    Before anyone goes off on me for being anti-cop, my youngest son is a police offficer and I have absolutely nothing against police who obey the law.
    Man sakes alive this is getting deep



  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran IA-Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covington, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    105

    Post imported post

    Wow. Maybe I need to print out some OC material and carry it with me at all times. I wonder if that would even help if detained for OCing in JP.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran IA-Pro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Covington, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    105

    Post imported post

    ROFL, a post on one of those threads on bs.com says "MEM just jizzed in his pants"...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Dustin wrote:
    Poor guy from BS.comwent and asked Jefferson Parish about carrying.

    Well, you can read the rest for yourself....

    rm2092
    I do have a ccw permit and thought I would ask abought open carry it seems to be a big topic right now. I just asked a commander that is with Jefferson Parish and he said as far as he knows there is no open carry and you will be arrested if you do. Just thought I would post this.

    Then this guy;
    leVieux
    I asked a Jeff Parish S.O. desk officer and was told that I would be arrested for concealed carry because part of the pistol would be "concealed". When I told him that I have a carry permit, he said that it didn't matter????????? When I told him that there was a LA Supreme Court ruling that they couldn't try that argument again; he said it wouldn't matter, either. I would be arrested.
    This is an ANARCHY of men in blue. Why can't the cops obey the law? They are above it, that's why. They say they ARE THE LAW.
    Before anyone goes off on me for being anti-cop, my youngest son is a police offficer and I have absolutely nothing against police who obey the law.
    Man sakes alive this is getting deep

    "Part of the pistol is concealed?"

    What?!?!

    They'll do all sort of nonsense if we don't watch them like hawks.

    Good cross-post.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    "Part of the pistol is concealed?"

    What?!?!

    They'll do all sort of nonsense if we don't watch them like hawks.
    You've never been to Mississippi have you? That definition is why Mississippians can't open carry without a permit :P

    Sucks, but they get away with it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    IA-Pro wrote:
    ROFL, a post on one of those threads on bs.com says "MEM just jizzed in his pants"...
    lol

    -Sasquatch
    "MEM just jizzed in his pants"

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    Does JP have an arena?-----smokingmem vs mem

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Johnny_B wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    "Part of the pistol is concealed?"

    What?!?!

    They'll do all sort of nonsense if we don't watch them like hawks.
    You've never been to Mississippi have you? That definition is why Mississippians can't open carry without a permit :P

    Sucks, but they get away with it.
    No. They don't get away with it. By their logic, the gun would have to levitate in order for any part of it not to be concealed, as the very hand openly carrying the gun conceals part of it. This is, of course, a ridiculous reading of the law, and the law is presumed not to be ridiculous.

    Someone just needs to put them in their place so they'll mind their manners and keep their bizarre readings of the law to themselves.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Does JP have an arena?-----smokingmem vs mem
    No kidding. You said it all. It's sad to face the clear reality that the government is hostile to the citizens.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    smoking357 wrote:
    Johnny_B wrote:
    smoking357 wrote:
    "Part of the pistol is concealed?"

    What?!?!

    They'll do all sort of nonsense if we don't watch them like hawks.
    You've never been to Mississippi have you? That definition is why Mississippians can't open carry without a permit :P

    Sucks, but they get away with it.
    No. They don't get away with it. By their logic, the gun would have to levitate in order for any part of it not to be concealed, as the very hand openly carrying the gun conceals part of it. This is, of course, a ridiculous reading of the law, and the law is presumed not to be ridiculous.

    Someone just needs to put them in their place so they'll mind their manners and keep their bizarre readings of the law to themselves.
    Yes, but that "someone" isn't me, can't afford it, don't feel like going through the years of crap to get it to the higher courts...how about you?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Monroe, LA, ,
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    Just hang it around your neck by the trigger guard!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510

    Post imported post

    Dustin wrote:
    Then this guy;
    leVieux
    This is an ANARCHY of men in blue.

    Ummm, no, it's the very opposite of anarchy: it's oligarchy.



  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
    Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pierce is a Coward, ,
    Posts
    1,100

    Post imported post

    x-sheeple wrote:
    Just hang it around your neck by the trigger guard!
    But then the side of the gun that's against your chest would be concealed.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
    Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.
    Another post where a yellow thing was needed.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
    Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.
    Another post where a yellow thing was needed.
    I only use those when I'm joking. Were has he ever said he would arrest someone for OC or CC were it was legal?

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
    Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.
    Another post where a yellow thing was needed.
    I only use those when I'm joking. Were has he ever said he would arrest someone for OC or CC were it was legal?
    It was my post that needed a yellow thing, not your post. Here.

    Where did I claim he should/could arrest anyone? nolacopusmc had his chance yesterday to arrest me, and others.I don't find it too shocking when a cop knows the law andOC'ers don't get arrested.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    Jerry McBride wrote:
    Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
    Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.
    Another post where a yellow thing was needed.
    I only use those when I'm joking. Were has he ever said he would arrest someone for OC or CC were it was legal?
    It was my post that needed a yellow thing, not your post. Here.

    Where did I claim he should/could arrest anyone? nolacopusmc had his chance yesterday to arrest me, and others.I don't find it too shocking when a cop knows the law andOC'ers don't get arrested.
    OK

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    x-sheeple wrote:
    Just hang it around your neck by the trigger guard!
    LoL! do that for real

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La
    Posts
    175

    Post imported post

    Very similar story in St Tammany, I asked a STPSO and a Slidell PD about open carry. Both of them told me about the same thing, "open carry and you will be arrested".

    Later I was told by an OCer, that "if you ask no questions, they will tell you no lies."
    HAHA

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    Are you OC'ing now?

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    72

    Post imported post

    im naked, i have one hand on my gun "the one for fun" wait.... you didnt ask me.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La
    Posts
    175

    Post imported post

    VORiaSOI wrote:
    im naked, i have one hand on my gun "the one for fun" wait.... you didnt ask me.
    Thats a good one!



    To answer your question, Jerry, I have been. I have OC now a couple times around Slidell. I walked the dog one night while OC (just after dark), and been in the Shell station and Winn-dixie on E. Gause. No problems, no funny looks, and no LE sightings. I feel that I know my rights, have a level head, and will calmly handle any encounter I might have with LEO or civilians along the way.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    I thought that , 20 year, Jefferson Parish ,Deputy Sheriff Steven Seagal, was not "ABOVE THE LAW" so if OC /CC is legal in your state then No Police officer should be saying, OC and get arrested .
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •