• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jefferson parish taking risk.

Dustin

imported post

Poor guy from BS.comwent and asked Jefferson Parish about carrying.

Well, you can read the rest for yourself....

rm2092
I do have a ccw permit and thought I would ask abought open carry it seems to be a big topic right now. I just asked a commander that is with Jefferson Parish and he said as far as he knows there is no open carry and you will be arrested if you do. Just thought I would post this.
Then this guy;
leVieux
I asked a Jeff Parish S.O. desk officer and was told that I would be arrested for concealed carry because part of the pistol would be "concealed". When I told him that I have a carry permit, he said that it didn't matter????????? When I told him that there was a LA Supreme Court ruling that they couldn't try that argument again; he said it wouldn't matter, either. I would be arrested.
This is an ANARCHY of men in blue. Why can't the cops obey the law? They are above it, that's why. They say they ARE THE LAW.
Before anyone goes off on me for being anti-cop, my youngest son is a police offficer and I have absolutely nothing against police who obey the law.
Man sakes alive this is getting deep :lol:

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow. Maybe I need to print out some OC material and carry it with me at all times. I wonder if that would even help if detained for OCing in JP. :uhoh:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
Poor guy from BS.comwent and asked Jefferson Parish about carrying.

Well, you can read the rest for yourself....

rm2092
I do have a ccw permit and thought I would ask abought open carry it seems to be a big topic right now. I just asked a commander that is with Jefferson Parish and he said as far as he knows there is no open carry and you will be arrested if you do. Just thought I would post this.
Then this guy;
leVieux
I asked a Jeff Parish S.O. desk officer and was told that I would be arrested for concealed carry because part of the pistol would be "concealed". When I told him that I have a carry permit, he said that it didn't matter????????? When I told him that there was a LA Supreme Court ruling that they couldn't try that argument again; he said it wouldn't matter, either. I would be arrested.
This is an ANARCHY of men in blue. Why can't the cops obey the law? They are above it, that's why. They say they ARE THE LAW.
Before anyone goes off on me for being anti-cop, my youngest son is a police offficer and I have absolutely nothing against police who obey the law.
Man sakes alive this is getting deep :lol:

"Part of the pistol is concealed?"

What?!?!

They'll do all sort of nonsense if we don't watch them like hawks.

Good cross-post.

Johnny_B

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

What?!?!

You've never been to Mississippi have you? That definition is why Mississippians can't open carry without a permit :p

Sucks, but they get away with it.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Johnny_B wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

What?!?!

You've never been to Mississippi have you? That definition is why Mississippians can't open carry without a permit :p

No. They don't get away with it. By their logic, the gun would have to levitate in order for any part of it not to be concealed, as the very hand openly carrying the gun conceals part of it. This is, of course, a ridiculous reading of the law, and the law is presumed not to be ridiculous.

Someone just needs to put them in their place so they'll mind their manners and keep their bizarre readings of the law to themselves.

Johnny_B

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Johnny_B wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

What?!?!

No. They don't get away with it. By their logic, the gun would have to levitate in order for any part of it not to be concealed, as the very hand openly carrying the gun conceals part of it. This is, of course, a ridiculous reading of the law, and the law is presumed not to be ridiculous.

Someone just needs to put them in their place so they'll mind their manners and keep their bizarre readings of the law to themselves.

Yes, but that "someone" isn't me, can't afford it, don't feel like going through the years of crap to get it to the higher courts...how about you? :)

imported post

Reference the MS issue: just last week I spoke with one of MS DPS's attorneys about this very thing. He was very sympathetic to our cause, seemed to agree there's something amiss about how this right is being misinterpreted.

I was referred to a MS attorney by him, still trying to get him on the phone.

charlie12

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
charlie12 wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
Nolacopwouldn't ahave a problem, he's knows thelaw.
Another post where a yellow thing was needed.
I only use those when I'm joking. Were has he ever said he would arrest someone for OC or CC were it was legal?

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

charlie12 wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
charlie12 wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
Looks like nolacopusmc will have his hands full with all those CCers going to JP to goad LE.
I only use those when I'm joking. Were has he ever said he would arrest someone for OC or CC were it was legal?

It was my post that needed a yellow thing, not your post. Here.:):):)

Where did I claim he should/could arrest anyone? nolacopusmc had his chance yesterday to arrest me, and others.I don't find it too shocking when a cop knows the law andOC'ers don't get arrested.

charlie12

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
charlie12 wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:
charlie12 wrote:
Jerry McBride wrote:

It was my post that needed a yellow thing, not your post. Here.:):):)

Where did I claim he should/could arrest anyone? nolacopusmc had his chance yesterday to arrest me, and others.I don't find it too shocking when a cop knows the law andOC'ers don't get arrested.
OK :)