Thread: Louisiana Affirms Sovereignty

Post imported post

Thought this was interesting and indirectly related to our cause.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/...nty/#more-2229

Post imported post

Although I like the idea, Louisiana is/was in the top five of recipent states in federal dollars received per dollar sent to washington. We are effectively a welfare state and have made little progress with those federal dollars and I really do not believe that our politicians are willing to bite the hand that feeds them in any meaningful way.

Post imported post

Me and a friend were talking about this the other day, when we first read it we both had the same thing to say at the end: "or what... ?".

There's a lot of demands in that resolution, but nothing saying what will happen if (when) the government ignores it.

Post imported post

Gentlemen,

Why would our senators pass this amendment?

Have they grown some gonads? Maybe they have heard from their constituents and "they" are mad?

I believe that we can stop this "federal train".

Regards,

Erik

Post imported post

The federal government removed two of the methods the founding fathers established for the states to defend themselves from the federal government. Popular election of senators, the states no longer have direct representation in DC as they did when the states selected the senators and direct taxation of citizens. The federal government does not recieve any of its revenue directly from the states but taxes the citizens directly thru withholding so a state has little recourse to fund itself without a handout from the state and the citizens are reluctant to resist the federal taxes on any measureable scale.

Banned

Post imported post

bsmit24 wrote:
    Although I like the idea, Louisiana is/was in the top five of recipent states in federal dollars received per dollar sent to washington. We are effectively a welfare state and have made little progress with those federal dollars and I really do not believe that our politicians are willing to bite the hand that feeds them in any meaningful way.
    No kidding. Louisiana has a horrible reputation in Libertarian circles. Over 1% of your population is in jail, and your cops get "busted" by tv reporters doing stings on bad cops. After Katrina, La. gave every impression that it was incapable of caring for itself and ceded all of its independence to the Feds. La. seems wedded to big government.

I can't see La. taking any appreciable step towards freedom.

Post imported post

http://www.neworleans.com/community/...the-house.html

This doesn't help Louisiana's cause either.

You have idiots like this making LA look like a one big corrupt joke of a state.

Post imported post

kdick3 wrote:
    http://www.neworleans.com/community/...the-house.html

This doesn't help Louisiana's cause either.

You have idiots like this making LA look like a one big corrupt joke of a state.
    Pfft, just more proof that our so-called representatives don't actually represent us.