• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My uncle defended himself in Maryland last night

hunter45

imported post

I haven't heard the full story from him yet but my Dad just told me a few details. My uncle moved to Edgewater, MD a few months ago. His garage has been full of boxes that he never unpacked after the move. The other day he noticed that a few boxes were missing, so he decided to stay up late at night to see if someone was stealing them. Last night at around 10:30 he saw some movement in the garage, so he grabbed his .44 magnum revolver and went outside. He dialed 911 and held the gun to the BG"s head until the police arrived (I heard the police responded very quickly). After putting the BG in the back of the cop car, the officer told my uncle that he had caused him lots of trouble. Apparently the kid had crapped his pants and the cruiser smelled awful. :lol:

GoldCoaster

imported post

If crapping his pants was the worst thing that happened to him then he got off very lightly. I don't think you ever get "minor wounds" from a 44 Magnum.

Hopefully he gets some of his other stuff back that the burglar stole.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Edgewater is getting all the trash from PG county moving in....

I'm honestly surprised they didn't charge him with aggravated assault or something similar for using a gun to threaten someone.

Md is a 'duty to retreat' state...

RaginCajun

imported post

Great story!! This is awesome!!

Tell your uncle... I love it... LOL

It's about time someone pulls a weapon on these punks! Scary times.. You know the punk might have headed into the house next!!

TheMrMitch

imported post

I had to book a punk into jail that was "stinking" to high heaven. Strip....water hose in Sally Port....change to jail clothes and settle down for the night. Kentucky.

Had to segretate and wash his clothes before bonding him out. Funny.:lol:

Maryland Shall Issue

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Md is a 'duty to retreat' state...

Not exactly. Within the confines of your home, you have no duty whatsoever to retreat since your home is already considered your "retreat".

Even outside of your home, the duty to retreat is not absolute. However, you would be generally correct there.