• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revolvers = Pointless

SemiAuto4Life

imported post

In this day and age of better technology, I just don't see why people bother with revolvers. I find it confusing.

Automatics have better firepower, are lighter, more accurate and are just all around cooler guns.

Maybe it's time we move on.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Despite the apparent trollOP above, I wanted to say -- in defense of revolvers -- that even if I had TWOsemi-autos (one in each hand) I probably would not get even one shot off if I were facing someone like Ed McGivern and his one revolver...I'd be riddled with bullet holes before I knew I was dead.

:(

Revolvers still have a lot going for them.

-- John D.

GWRedDragon

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Despite the apparent trollOP above, I wanted to say -- in defense of revolvers -- that even if I had TWOsemi-autos (one in each hand) I probably would not get even one shot off if I were facing someone like Ed McGivern and his one revolver...I'd be riddled with bullet holes before I knew I was dead.

:(

Revolvers still have a lot going for them.

-- John D.
Yep, well, to each their own. I have heard that some people still carry derringers even...well, that's still better than nothing isn't it...

I'd rather have 2 shots than 0.

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

trollthread.png

fullauto223cal

imported post

SemiAuto4Life is wasting his time. His preconceived notions of gun owners being quick tempered and just plain stupid rednecks, as is evidenced by his opinions on the board he came from, shine light on his small minded intellect and his sophomoric behavior. SemiAuto4Life should get a life and stop wasting his time posting nonsensical opinions. His hopes to stir the proverbial pot are futile and fall upon deaf ears.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

fullauto223cal wrote:
SemiAuto4Life is wasting his time. His preconceived notions of gun owners being quick tempered and just plain stupid rednecks, as is evidenced by his opinions on the board he came from, shine light on his small minded intellect and his sophomoric behavior. SemiAuto4Life should get a life and stop wasting his time posting nonsensical opinions. His hopes to stir the proverbial pot are futile and fall upon deaf ears.
These people are just looking for a good time at the expense of others. ANY post with a rebuke against them is a boon for them as it is exactly what they are looking for. Report their posts and do not respond to them in any manner.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

SemiAuto4Life wrote:
In this day and age of better technology, I just don't see why people bother with revolvers. I find it confusing.

Automatics have better firepower, are lighter, more accurate and are just all around cooler guns.

Maybe it's time we move on.
Maybe so, but it's been true for centuries, now, that even a breechloader beats a fist or a foot.

Bruce Lee could get dropped with ease by a little old grandmother.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Malfunction drill, semi auto:
Rack slide, eject round, load new round. May need to drop mag and insert new one.

Malfunction drill, wheelgun:
Pull trigger again.

LEO 229

imported post

Wheel guns have their place.

While semi-autos are the gun of choice due to the number of rounds it can hold... a wheel gun has its benefits.

Wheel guns are not prone to double feeds, fail to load, fail to extract problems.

When properlyloaded.. you simple pull the trigger and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a shot off.

They have the same trigger pull each and every time too.

I have a few wheel guns and enjoy them.

GWRedDragon

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Wheel guns are not prone to double feeds, fail to load, fail to extract problems.

When properlyloaded.. you simple pull the trigger and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a shot off.

They have the same trigger pull each and every time too.
Glocks too, right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: