• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are : Hatchets , Tomahawks , or Hammers . . . . . legal to carry ?

Carnivore

imported post

I wouldn't think anything weird about seeing someone w/ a short handle tomahawk or hatchet in a scabbard, but what about a follow up weapon if needed on a missed throw?

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

Here in Washington, you may carry them as long as you're not carrying with an intent to intimidate others. You cannot conceal these weapons though. If you want to carry a sword, a tomahawk, or any other kind of bladed weapon, your best bet would be to carry them in a sheath, over your back.

That only accounts for Washington. I can't speak for other states

Tomahawk

imported post

Wait a second, is this an actual fact-finding thread started by Razor? What do ya know.

As for the question about whether I've ever carried a tomahawk in Virgina...well...what do you think?
:celebrate

Answer is yes, I have open-carried a tomahawk on the outside of my backpack when hiking. It is a small throwing-type hawk which I am fairly good with, and it's also a useful camp axe.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

gerber-gator-combo.jpg

I've carried hatchets when in a gun prohibited place. Kept them under the pillow for good luck during the evening when in the same.

Tomahawk is just to big to carry.;)

Alexcabbie

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Wait a second, is this an actual fact-finding thread started by Razor? What do ya know.

As for the question about whether I've ever carried a tomahawk in Virgina...well...what do you think?
:celebrate

Answer is yes, I have open-carried a tomahawk on the outside of my backpack when hiking. It is a small throwing-type hawk which I am fairly good with, and it's also a useful camp axe.
Hmmmmmm..... Hey Tomahawk. If you ever flag my cab I might have to reference this article before I pick you up...:celebrate

TehGruu

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Citizen wrote:
You tomahawk guys are sissies.

Nothing beats an e-tool for a contact weapon.

:):p

What's an e-tool ?
E-tool = entrenching tool. It's a small shovel that has a folding spade on it. The military finds all kinds of innovative ways to use them...