Thread: Stopped by Lees Summits Finest

Post imported post

I walked my little girl to the playground over by 3rd and Grand St.

I got stopped by a guy that saw me coming out of a gas station, and asked if I was a cop or had a CCW, I told him no and "explained" 15 min later

I was pushing Caroline on the swing when a bicycle cop rode by then came up behind me ( he was always in the corner of my eye)

he got about 5 feet behind me and said "Your not in any trouble I know its legal" I just smiled ad had that look of AND.

He continued to tell me that someone stopped him and said there was a guy carrying a gun, he told them its legal but he will check it out.

He asked if its my father that carries in Lees Summit, I said no but he is probably on the forum LOL

We BSed and he left. He just wanted to stop and meet me. I felt all warm LOL

The guy that stopped me earlier was riding by at the time of the stop and came back after the cop was gone, and said "OMG I didn't believe you but you were right WOW"

That was the best interaction with a cop I have had yet, this was my first in lees summit but if there gonna be like that I dont mind a bit.

NOT a NEGATIVE thing to say :celebrate I have been carrying in Lee Summit for 2-3 months first stop

When I lived in Olathe, Ks I got stopped all the time and never any good

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

So, it appears that you were not really "stopped," but a police officer made contact with you and had a consensual encounter. The way it should be absent reasonable suspicion of crime.

Post imported post

And on top of that, the whiny holophobe got a bit of an education, hopefully that sticks in his head.

Post imported post

almost same thing here. Stopped in at the price chopper at Woods Chapel and 291 and walked right past an officer sitting in his patrol car. I knew he had to see that I was carrying my side arm. You can't miss it. All he said was, How you doin today? I replied fine, thanks fer askin. And went on my way right into the store. Now the employees didn't say much but sure did get a few looks from the customers though:what:Oh well, what do you expect from people that dont know the law or their rights.

Post imported post

Im not sure how many are open carrying in Lees Summit,I know I have for about 3 years or so,and have had many encounters with Lees Summits finest.............Maybe the officers have been schooled on open carry,because mostI ran into didnt seem to know anything other than what they were told.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

Im sure that I'm not mistaken,the Price Chopper on 291 & Woodschappel,if you look at the name of the store,all his stores have the no firearm sighns posted on the door as you go in.Im thinking that the sighs posted are of the correct size to be legal,Im going on memory right now,but have done work in several of his stores and noticed the no firearm sighns.Carrying in his stores is no biggie,but you could be asked to leave,and be told sighns are posted.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

Looked all over the sliding doors to make sure before I went in and did not see a single sign. Been doin the same at both the stores out in Blue Springs. Also with no problems. From the police that is.

Post imported post

The Price Chopper at 291 & 23rd has a sign and I also quit shopping there because of it.

Post imported post

HEY THATS GREAT. I open carry in LS. where I reside as well. never an issue.

Post imported post

I just started carrying here in KCMO and surrounding areas and I guess I am waiting to see if I amstopped. The reason I am anxious is because I am Black. I do have a CCW though.

Post imported post

lucius13 wrote:
    I just started carrying here in KCMO and surrounding areas and I guess I am waiting to see if I amstopped. The reason I am anxious is because I am Black. I do have a CCW though.
    That rocks! I wish more non-white people and women would open carry. It just blows away the preconceptions of the antis. I wish you the best and hope that local LEO are capable of just seeing a citizen exercising his/her rights rather than something else that leads to a negative encounter.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Banned

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    That rocks! I wish more non-white people and women would open carry.
    I feel the same way.