Thread: Open Carry story from AM PM

Banned

Post imported post

I've open carried my 1911 Colt for quite sometime now, and haven't really come across too many major issues.

The other day, I was at the AM/PM off of Pacific Hwy and S 240t st in Kent/Des Moines, and I had gone in after pumping gas. I picked me up some nachos and a sobe, and as I made my way to the counter, I noticed it was a new clerk working there. He was starring at my pistol the whole time, pacing back and fourth. As I got to the counter, he rung me up. I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.

Wow.. I can certainly understand that it might be fearful for clerks who work in convienent stores like that.. especially during the hours I was there.

Post imported post

I know what store you are talking about. That is owned by one of my acquaintances. I think I even know the clerk you are talking about he is new. I OC there and at Chevron next to AM/PM they are nice people. So do you live in or around Des moines? if so you should join us for that Seatac Meeting too and if interested you, me, deros, bookman and few other members can meet up for coffee at starbucks in safeway on 216th.

Banned

Post imported post

Yeah, that'd be cool. I do live in the general area.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

With that kind of strong reaction, I would say it is a real possibility that he has been the victim of violent crime before, perhaps even an armed robbery while working at another convenience store.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

It's definitely possible. I wonder why he'd continue to work in that sort of field if he's been robbed before though. That's usually a pretty traumatic experience.

Makes me wonder how many convenience store clerks secretly bring a weapon with them. I know a lot of the private convenience store business owners pack heat

Banned

Post imported post

U8Dust wrote:

Post imported post

RaZor Dude you got some serious problems, Why don't you just go to your state forum and start posting these pictures there. and please leave us alone if there is any trolls here we will deal with them by our self.

Post imported post

I would agree that U8Dust is a "troll".

Post imported post

U8Dust wrote:
    ....I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.
    Avoiding situations like this is the primary reason why many of us choose to carry our wallet on the opposite side of the firearm, or somewhere else not near the firearm. This is a smart idea regardless of OC or CC, especially when dealing with a LEO.

98 percent of the time it wont be an issue when you reach in the "vicinity" of your firearm, but someone is bound to freak a little if they are already nervous about seeing the firearm, or you JUST drew attention to it by your hand action.

Its a small adjustment on your part that can potentially avoid quite a lot of trouble.

Post imported post

Why would someone feel comfortable with someone like this... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=28249&forum_id=55&jump_t o=471472#p471472

If I ever made someone that nervous I would start up a conversation so they would feel a little more comfortable.

Post imported post

I make it a point as much as possible to already have my money/debit card out and ready to go before I get to the front of the line.

Banned

Post imported post

maybe befriend him and teach him how guns are safe.

most trolls seem to point at the other trolls who dont post anything except to say its a trolling time

back to my bridge I go.

wankers

Post imported post

I agree with you FunkTrooper.

Banned

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    U8Dust wrote:
    ....I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.
    Avoiding situations like this is the primary reason why many of us choose to carry our wallet on the opposite side of the firearm, or somewhere else not near the firearm. This is a smart idea regardless of OC or CC, especially when dealing with a LEO.

98 percent of the time it wont be an issue when you reach in the "vicinity" of your firearm, but someone is bound to freak a little if they are already nervous about seeing the firearm, or you JUST drew attention to it by your hand action.

Its a small adjustment on your part that can potentially avoid quite a lot of trouble.

Yeah, that's true. It's just that I've carried my wallet in my right pocket my entire life. I'm right handed, so it's what comes natural to me. Good tips though.

Post imported post

U8Dust wrote:
    Yeah, that's true. It's just that I've carried my wallet in my right pocket my entire life. I'm right handed, so it's what comes natural to me. Good tips though.
    Trust me it will save your life one day

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yup, I keep everything in my left hand pocket, and the one closest to the gun is empty.

Razor, what's the matter? You get bored being trollish everywhere else on the board?

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I would say that the clerk MUST be new. DEROS and i have both been in there OC'ing at the same time and nothing was said. Nobody acted nervous either.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

I switched my wallet to my front left pocket from my right rear pocket when I started carrying to avoid any problems. I don't open carry but I thought it may save problems if I get pulled over by the cops for some reason.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26