• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry story from AM PM

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

I've open carried my 1911 Colt for quite sometime now, and haven't really come across too many major issues.

The other day, I was at the AM/PM off of Pacific Hwy and S 240t st in Kent/Des Moines, and I had gone in after pumping gas. I picked me up some nachos and a sobe, and as I made my way to the counter, I noticed it was a new clerk working there. He was starring at my pistol the whole time, pacing back and fourth. As I got to the counter, he rung me up. I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.

Wow.. I can certainly understand that it might be fearful for clerks who work in convienent stores like that.. especially during the hours I was there.

Manu

imported post

I know what store you are talking about. That is owned by one of my acquaintances. I think I even know the clerk you are talking about he is new. I OC there and at Chevron next to AM/PM they are nice people. So do you live in or around Des moines? if so you should join us for that Seatac Meeting too and if interested you, me, deros, bookman and few other members can meet up for coffee at starbucks in safeway on 216th.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

With that kind of strong reaction, I would say it is a real possibility that he has been the victim of violent crime before, perhaps even an armed robbery while working at another convenience store.

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

It's definitely possible. I wonder why he'd continue to work in that sort of field if he's been robbed before though. That's usually a pretty traumatic experience.

Makes me wonder how many convenience store clerks secretly bring a weapon with them. I know a lot of the private convenience store business owners pack heat

Manu

imported post

RaZor Dude you got some serious problems, Why don't you just go to your state forum and start posting these pictures there. and please leave us alone if there is any trolls here we will deal with them by our self.

FMCDH

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
....I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.
Avoiding situations like this is the primary reason why many of us choose to carry our wallet on the opposite side of the firearm, or somewhere else not near the firearm. This is a smart idea regardless of OC or CC, especially when dealing with a LEO.

98 percent of the time it wont be an issue when you reach in the "vicinity" of your firearm, but someone is bound to freak a little if they are already nervous about seeing the firearm, or you JUST drew attention to it by your hand action.

Its a small adjustment on your part that can potentially avoid quite a lot of trouble.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

maybe befriend him and teach him how guns are safe.

most trolls seem to point at the other trolls who dont post anything except to say its a trolling time

back to my bridge I go.

wankers

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
U8Dust wrote:
....I went to reach into my pocket to grab my wallet, and my wallet happened to be in the pocket nearest my pistol.. as I reached down, the clerked flinched big time, and jumped back. I pretended that I didn't even notice him, and I causally handed him the money. His hand was shaking so bad that he was dropping my change all over the counter when he went to hand it back to me.
Avoiding situations like this is the primary reason why many of us choose to carry our wallet on the opposite side of the firearm, or somewhere else not near the firearm. This is a smart idea regardless of OC or CC, especially when dealing with a LEO.

98 percent of the time it wont be an issue when you reach in the "vicinity" of your firearm, but someone is bound to freak a little if they are already nervous about seeing the firearm, or you JUST drew attention to it by your hand action.

Its a small adjustment on your part that can potentially avoid quite a lot of trouble.
Yeah, that's true. It's just that I've carried my wallet in my right pocket my entire life. I'm right handed, so it's what comes natural to me. Good tips though.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yup, I keep everything in my left hand pocket, and the one closest to the gun is empty.

Razor, what's the matter? You get bored being trollish everywhere else on the board?

badger54

imported post

I switched my wallet to my front left pocket from my right rear pocket when I started carrying to avoid any problems. I don't open carry but I thought it may save problems if I get pulled over by the cops for some reason.