• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Republican Party Picnic

Statesman

imported post

Republican Party Picnic
http://www.randpaul2010.com/event/2009/july/republican-party-picnic

I wonder if Open Carry is allowed at this picnic event?
Submitted by admin on July 7, 2009 - 12:57am Rand will speak at the Jefferson County Republican Party Picnic to be held at the Christian Academy of Louisville. Join us for a fun, family oriented picnic that will be a great day for like-minded, politically active people to kick back and make new friends and catch up with old ones. Invited guest speakers include:

US Senate Candidate
Dr. Rand Paul
US Senator Mitch McConnell
US Senator Jim Bunning
Secretary of State Trey Grayson
Commissioner of Agriculture Richie Farmer
US Congressman Brett Guthrie
Former US Ambassador to Latvia Cathy Bailey

Admission is free, but we do ask that you bring a side dish. Meat, drinks and deserts will be provided. Dinner will begin promptly at 2:15 with speaking beginning soon there after. Entertainment includes live music, face painting, pinatas, cornhole, volleyball, playground, and great family fun.

KY-RN-G

imported post

Would depend if the christian academy was part of the Jefferson County schools system and falls under state law as a school. There were several people carrying at the tea party on tax day in bowling green where both Brett Guthrie and Rand Paul spoke.

KY_CCDW

imported post

Doesn't have to be part of Jefferson County Schools, but carry is banned from ANY K-12 educational institution, including private schools.

Lots of churches are carry prohibited places because there is also a school on the grounds.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I don't know about open carry, but I can tell you there was at least one person carrying concealed at the Fayette County Republican Picnic! :cool:

A friend of mine open carries almost everywhere, and he was there, but he wasn't open carrying out of respect for the owner of the private property. Another friend asked him if he was packing today, and he pointed at me and said, "No, but I bet he is."

I don't see how anyone could claim that private residence is a school.

I can tell you that Rand Paul is not the least bit worried about citizens carrying firearms, openly or concealed. He's truly in favor of ALL of our rights, and that most certainly includes the right to keep and bear arms. He's also wicked smart about what's *really* happening with our economy, and lots of other stuff that politicians should know, but usually don't.

Bonus! Rand opened his brief speech with some lyrics from Rush, The Spirit of Radio, to be specific. I've never heard any candidate quoting Rush at any other Republican function. It seemed to go over very well, though, as did the rest of his speech.

If you're interested, visit www.RandPaul2010.com. If you're very interested in a very pro-2A candidate, donate some money and tell your friends! The way it works is, the leadership of the two parties pick their candidates and they put out the word to party insiders. Most of the people who bother to vote in the primaries are the insiders. By the time the rest of us are interested in the race in November, we're always stuck with the lesser of two evils, as chosen by the leaders of the two parties. If you want true representatives of the people, the sort of candidates who will vote strongly for our gun rights, we need to get involved a lot earlier. The political races are won and lost in the primaries, where We the People aren't paying attention, and the parties have all the advantages.