Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Boerner's Guns, Anti-OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member MadHatter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    320

    Post imported post

    So I was in Boerner's today to see what they have and there was a guy at the counter talking about wanting to carry. And the clerk, who's name escapes me right now was giving him some info...went like this...

    Clerk: You can go to your local LE dept and get a CPL, and carry loaded, but it must be concealed.

    Guy: Thats cool...

    Clerk: (Sarcasticly) Well, there are people out there that say you can carry openly, but we advise against that. They are trying to change the county law because they say that it "conflicts with state law." but we don't condone that.

    Me: I am one of those people, and I take offence that you would choose to make fun of something that I am trying to change, and if you are going to sell guns you can atleast give good info. Yes it is legal, and here is why (site state laws).

    Clerk: Well if someone is scared you can go to jail! if you walk into Walmart the cops will come because someone is scared and calls 911, and you will go to jail!

    Me: No, not unless the manner of carry warrants alarm. Simply carrying a pistol in a holster doesn't meet the criteria.

    Guy: Well I want to keep my record clean...

    Me: Well how can you get in trouble if you aren't doing anything wrong?

    Clerk: No matter, we don't condone it here, and we don't have to give people the right info about it because we disagree with carrying openly...

    Me: Fine, you lost a customer because you claim to support gun rights, but wont do it right...

    Clerk: Fine have a good day...

    I mean really? they have NRA stickers, and gun rights stickers there, and will tell you the legalities of carrying concealed, but when called out on OC they are willing to lose a customer? I will never shop there again, which is sad because they are the only place in the county to get personal defense ammo right now and there selection and prices aren't to bad, and I don't feel like running to Tacoma... I was so angry that here is a place that promotes gun rights, and even has sitting area for people to shoot the breeze, and won't support actual gun rights? I know that there are people on here that go to Boerner's, and love it, but I will never go back. This was not a misunderstanding, this was a blatant attempt to undermine what OCDO works for... Anyone else had similar encounter there?

    I cannot BELIEVE that I actually bought a pistol there once...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    83

    Post imported post

    Time for everyone to start calling and/or mailing in complaints.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    256

    Post imported post

    Boerner's Sucks

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockingham, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    861

    Post imported post

    U8Dust wrote:

  5. #5
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410

    Post imported post

    He gave me that same line about three years ago. Plus, he told me Iwas sure tobe arrested. I left and haven't been back since. It is so disgusting that a gun store has that attitude.

    He's got the right to his opinion, and I've got the right to leave and never come back.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    Are you talking about the place on HWY 3/16 in Gorst? If so I was in there yesterday and today OCing and didn't get the impression that they had a problem with it. Today I was in there with a friend who was also OCing for the first time. He wandered around the store and ogled all the cool stuff while I baught a holster from one of the clerks.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sempercarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    378

    Post imported post

    Interesting....I have OCed in there many times and have even dropped of about 50 gunrights pamphlets. No issues

  8. #8
    Regular Member Squeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard,
    Posts
    827

    Post imported post

    I was there Fri and bought a MIKE holster. Went back Tue to see about a gunand got into a ******* match with a friend(?) of mine. He saw me OCing and asked of I had a permit. I told him I didn't need one to OC and he said oh? The clerk said I couldn't go into a bank OCing. I asked him, "since when?" So now it's 2 against 1. I don't mess with those odds. I just looked at the clerk and said, " say, this holster I bought Fri. doesn't fit right." I told him I wanted my money back. He gave me my money and I went home and made a leather one. My wife said,"I wondered how long you'd keep the plastic one." To make a long story longer, I don't think I'll be back. I don't cotton to clerks being snotty.He said that OCing upsets people. I told him, tough ****!Dad fought in WWII, and I lost good people in Nam so people like him could crawl into their hole and hide!! I'm done now.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Squeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard,
    Posts
    827

    Post imported post

    sirpuma wrote:
    Are you talking about the place on HWY 3/16 in Gorst? If so I was in there yesterday and today OCing and didn't get the impression that they had a problem with it. Today I was in there with a friend who was also OCing for the first time. He wandered around the store and ogled all the cool stuff while I baught a holster from one of the clerks.
    Take it back. They're $6 cheaper at the wholesale place next to Costco. 'sides, they're nicer people. Just read the sign at the door. I OCed right in.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    Squeak wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:
    Are you talking about the place on HWY 3/16 in Gorst? If so I was in there yesterday and today OCing and didn't get the impression that they had a problem with it. Today I was in there with a friend who was also OCing for the first time. He wandered around the store and ogled all the cool stuff while I baught a holster from one of the clerks.
    Take it back. They're $6 cheaper at the wholesale place next to Costco. 'sides, they're nicer people. Just read the sign at the door. I OCed right in.
    I didn't buy from the store. One of the clerks had a Blackhawk CQC Serpa for a 1911 that he didn't need because he had sold his 1911. I bought the holster from him for $15, I seriously doubt you're going to find a better deal than that.

    Wholesale place next to Costco? You mean the former Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale? Why can't anyone say where these places are located so I can get my bearings.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle-ish, Washington, USA
    Posts
    222

    Post imported post

    Losing a sale of a holster might not get their attention, but losing the sale of a firearm probably would. I haven't been in that store, but the next time I go through I'll try and stop in. I'm looking for a new 1911, so if they want to discourage OC I'll just tell them they can keep it.

    Does anybody know if this is just an employee or if it is the owner? If it's the owner's position to discourage OC, they deserve to be blacklisted. I ask because the owner may not know what his clerks are telling customers.

    Charles

  12. #12
    Regular Member John Hardin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Snohomish, Washington, USA
    Posts
    684

    Post imported post

    MadHatter66 wrote:
    Clerk: ... we don't have to give people the right info about it because we disagree with carrying openly...
    ...ya gotta love those ethics.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Squeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard,
    Posts
    827

    Post imported post

    sirpuma wrote:
    Squeak wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:
    Are you talking about the place on HWY 3/16 in Gorst? If so I was in there yesterday and today OCing and didn't get the impression that they had a problem with it. Today I was in there with a friend who was also OCing for the first time. He wandered around the store and ogled all the cool stuff while I baught a holster from one of the clerks.
    Take it back. They're $6 cheaper at the wholesale place next to Costco. 'sides, they're nicer people. Just read the sign at the door. I OCed right in.
    I didn't buy from the store. One of the clerks had a Blackhawk CQC Serpa for a 1911 that he didn't need because he had sold his 1911. I bought the holster from him for $15, I seriously doubt you're going to find a better deal than that.

    Wholesale place next to Costco? You mean the former Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale? Why can't anyone say where these places are located so I can get my bearings.
    Sorry. Yes, the former Sportsman's Warehouse. The name escapes me -' Wholesale' something.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Squeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard,
    Posts
    827

    Post imported post

    Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
    Losing a sale of a holster might not get their attention, but losing the sale of a firearm probably would. I haven't been in that store, but the next time I go through I'll try and stop in. I'm looking for a new 1911, so if they want to discourage OC I'll just tell them they can keep it.

    Does anybody know if this is just an employee or if it is the owner? If it's the owner's position to discourage OC, they deserve to be blacklisted. I ask because the owner may not know what his clerks are telling customers.

    Charles
    I'm sure the owner knows. There are usually only 2 in the store. They are both pretty somber. No 'good morning, can I help you' or anything like that. I guess they are like that cuz I OC and they are probably upset with me for that reason. My opinion only. I told the clerk that people that don't like OC can get on THE LIST. He told me that was a 'bad attitude'.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    Bill Boerner is the owner, and his silent partner is Mike Blacknall. Mike is a retired POPD chief and for the most part is pro gun but somewhat cautious about OC unless he knows you. There are a couple guys that "work" there actually just helping out without pay. Gary is not as well informed as most but is supportive of OC. Vern works with me at Wholesale Sports ( former Sportsman's warehouse) and is 100% pro OC.

    Bill, The owner fancies himself as the foremost authority on ALL gun laws, and told me that If a "little old lady called MWAG and the responding leo had a car accident, I could be charged with reckless endangerment".

    I have know all of these people for nearly 30 years, and Bill is probably the one most anti OC. He NEVER says any more to me when I go in 'cause I just tell him to stuff it.


    All who work there are close frinds with Randy Loun, and have been put on the straight and narrow as far as OC, But Bill, being Bill, still has that attitude.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    Bill Boerner is the owner, and his silent partner is Mike Blacknall. Mike is a retired POPD chief and for the most part is pro gun but somewhat cautious about OC unless he knows you. There are a couple guys that "work" there actually just helping out without pay. Gary is not as well informed as most but is supportive of OC. Vern works with me at Wholesale Sports ( former Sportsman's warehouse) and is 100% pro OC.

    Bill, The owner fancies himself as the foremost authority on ALL gun laws, and told me that If a "little old lady called MWAG and the responding leo had a car accident, I could be charged with reckless endangerment".

    I have know all of these people for nearly 30 years, and Bill is probably the one most anti OC. He NEVER says any more to me when I go in 'cause I just tell him to stuff it.


    All who work there are close frinds with Randy Loun, and have been put on the straight and narrow as far as OC, But Bill, being Bill, still has that attitude.
    This makes me want to go pull the stack of business cards I left with them. I don't know if I want to do business with people who don't support OC so much that they would spread lies and misinformation.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    390

    Post imported post

    Last time I was there, I purchased close to $800 in firearms. The time before that I bought a $300 pistol. I'm thinking I might OC there and if they give me trouble, I'll make it perfectly clear they're losing real business over a trivial matter, and I will leave.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Squeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard,
    Posts
    827

    Post imported post

    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Last time I was there, I purchased close to $800 in firearms. The time before that I bought a $300 pistol. I'm thinking I might OC there and if they give me trouble, I'll make it perfectly clear they're losing real business over a trivial matter, and I will leave.
    Their attitude is similar to 'he won't buy anymore guns. There are lotsa people looking for guns that we can sell to.'

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    390

    Post imported post

    Maybe. But it's a small shop, and every customer counts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •