• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You OC Today?

Beau

imported post

Well it has gotten pretty quiet here. This same thread is on another IN forum but I figured here would be a good place for it.

Today OC just around the house. Was stuck home with the kids today. Yesterday OC'd at Gander Mountain on County Line & Emerson. Also at Kabutos. Kabutos is a Hibachi restaurant. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.

Beau

imported post

Today went to Gander Mountain on County Line and Emerson. Went there with a friend to help him pick up a safe. (Loads of fun getting that thing into his condo). While we were waiting for the safe we checked out the grip on the new Glocks. Got a couple of glances but no one had a problem with OC. Was not told I couldn't handle a firearm from the case because I was carrying.

Then this evening took the kids to the park. Got some questions from a couple of other kids at the park. Was I a cop. What kind of gun was I carrying etc..

Anderson IN

imported post

OC'd in Seymour IN at the McDonald's just off of 65. Where I was kindly met by 3 Indiana State Troopers that were ordering their meals. They smiled and said hello and I did as well. We each ordered our food and proceeded to eat our meals just as God intended!

God Bless America!!!!:celebrate

slowzx320

imported post

I OC'd at Advanced Auto picking up stuff for my car, I was in there like 20min or so. As i was checking out i seen that a police officer pulled up, so i was like great they called the police on me. When i went out to put everything in my trunk he got out of his car looked at me looked at my gun and walked away. I was stunned he didn't do anything.

45orbust

imported post

pierogi fest in whiting (closest IN city to IL and Chicago area) as expected there was a HEAVY LEO presence there at least 40 that I saw, probably 1000's of people. I OC'ed the whole time, many looks from the general public and LEO's but no one said a word (just how I like it) did not see anyone else OC'ing but I was too busy eating everything! I was actually surprised being alot of the attendees are from across the state line and not used to seeing that type of carry (let alone carry at all) and complain, but not one word, it was a great time!

Beau

imported post

Yesterday. Walked around in Wally World for a little over an hour. Into the Old National Bank inside Wally World. Kids got a free sucker at the bank. They even gave me one. Must have been my reward for OC'ing.

Section32

imported post

Beau wrote:
Then this evening took the kids to the park. Got some questions from a couple of other kids at the park. Was I a cop. What kind of gun was I carrying etc..[/size]

Just curious because you are from Indy and say you carried in a park. Were you legal? You are aware that it is against local ordinance to carry in Indy parks?

Beau

imported post

Section32 wrote:
Beau wrote:
Then this evening took the kids to the park. Got some questions from a couple of other kids at the park. Was I a cop. What kind of gun was I carrying etc..

Just curious because you are from Indy and say you carried in a park. Were you legal? You are aware that it is against local ordinance to carry in Indy parks?

Thank you for your concern. I am aware that Indy Parks are off limits.

There are two parks in the sub division I live in and that is where we go.

Section32

imported post

Good. Glad to hear that. I was hoping that you weren't promoting illegal OC. Hopefully. When SCOTUS gets a hold of the Chicago case, these local nuisance laws will start falling.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Killed 2 moles in the neighbor's yard (with a pitchfork) while OCing today. We have talked guns before when he'd seen me carry on my property. He asked if I'd keep an eye on a couple of runs for him. Told him I'd be willing to take a stab.:D

Tribbs

imported post

OC'd at target in muncie last weekend while visiting my daughter at school,went there after dinner for a few items. first time to OC,got a few stares but no problems at all..I was a bit apprehensive being the first time but all went well. been carrying for about a year now and thought I would try OC.

Tribbs

Beau

imported post

Tribbs wrote:
OC'd at target in muncie last weekend while visiting my daughter at school,went there after dinner for a few items. first time to OC,got a few stares but no problems at all..I was a bit apprehensive being the first time but all went well. been carrying for about a year now and thought I would try OC.

Tribbs
Congrats on busting your OC cherry. I have been OC'ing here in IN going on almost to years. I have yet to be hassled for it. I wish you as much luck as I have had.

Section32

imported post

Beau wrote:
Tribbs wrote:

Tribbs
Congrats on busting your OC cherry. I have been OC'ing here in IN going on almost to years. I have yet to be hassled for it. I wish you as much luck as I have had.
I applaud your boldness.

Beau

imported post

Yesterday I thought I would for sure get hassled.

After the the Atlanta USPSA match a friend and I went to the Denny's on Keystone Ave just of I-65. The parking lot was full and when we got inside the restaurant was packed. From the style of dress I am guessing the majority of the people had just come from church.

Other than noticing a couple of double takes in my direction no one said anything. The food was great and the service was exceptional.