Thread: Virginia Attorney General Signs Amicus Brief Supporting Second Amendment Incorporation

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

From the latest NRA-ILA alert:

Please Thank Attorney General Bill Mims

Two-thirds of the nation’s attorneys general have filed an amicus brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court to grant certiorari in the case of NRA v. Chicago and hold that the Second Amendment applies to state and local governments through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. This bi-partisan group of 33 attorneys general, along with the Attorney General of California in a separate filing, agrees with the NRA’s position that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms, disagreeing with the decision recently issued by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Attorney General Mims was one of the many who agrees that the Second Amendment is a fundamental individual right and signed the amicus brief.

Please call Attorney General Mims at (804) 786-2071 and thank him for standing up in support of the Second Amendment. You may also e-mail him by clicking here.

The State Attorneys General Amicus Brief can be found by clicking here.

---

I figured at a temp, he wouldn't do anything like this...he deserves our thanks.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

Mims surely deserves thanks for "doing the right thing".

Signing abriefon behalf of the citizens of a state is both a legal and a political act. Given the whims of our current administration, whenTimmy is at home to lead the Executive branch, it is quite an accomplishment - or a leap of political faith - for Mr. Mims to have signed the Commonwealth of Virginia onto the amicus brief.

It would be nice to flood his office with emails, phone calls, and faxes thanking him for his action.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I sent a message through his site to say thanks.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Speaking of... where is "uncle Tim" these days? One of the talk radio guys signed off today asking for anyone who has seen him to drop an e-mail. Apparently he is so busy being mr. DNC he hasn't been doing much in Virginia for a while.

I don't know any facts to substantiate this, but I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.

Fine, keep on looking. Just don't send that loser back here if you find him! :X

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Speaking of... where is "uncle Tim" these days? One of the talk radio guys signed off today asking for anyone who has seen him to drop an e-mail. Apparently he is so busy being mr. DNC he hasn't been doing much in Virginia for a while.

I don't know any facts to substantiate this, but I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.

TFred
    You must not have children.

Every parent knows the adage "Don't wake a sleeping baby"
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/