• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Attorney General Signs Amicus Brief Supporting Second Amendment Incorporation

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the latest NRA-ILA alert:

Please Thank Attorney General Bill Mims

Two-thirds of the nation’s attorneys general have filed an amicus brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court to grant certiorari in the case of NRA v. Chicago and hold that the Second Amendment applies to state and local governments through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. This bi-partisan group of 33 attorneys general, along with the Attorney General of California in a separate filing, agrees with the NRA’s position that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms, disagreeing with the decision recently issued by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Attorney General Mims was one of the many who agrees that the Second Amendment is a fundamental individual right and signed the amicus brief.

Please call Attorney General Mims at (804) 786-2071 and thank him for standing up in support of the Second Amendment. You may also e-mail him by clicking here.

The State Attorneys General Amicus Brief can be found by clicking here.

---

I figured at a temp, he wouldn't do anything like this...he deserves our thanks.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mims surely deserves thanks for "doing the right thing".

Signing abriefon behalf of the citizens of a state is both a legal and a political act. Given the whims of our current administration, whenTimmy is at home to lead the Executive branch, it is quite an accomplishment - or a leap of political faith - for Mr. Mims to have signed the Commonwealth of Virginia onto the amicus brief.

It would be nice to flood his office with emails, phone calls, and faxes thanking him for his action.

stay safe.

skidmark

TFred

imported post

Speaking of... where is "uncle Tim" these days? One of the talk radio guys signed off today asking for anyone who has seen him to drop an e-mail. Apparently he is so busy being mr. DNC he hasn't been doing much in Virginia for a while.

I don't know any facts to substantiate this, but I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.

TFred

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.
Fine, keep on looking. Just don't send that loser back here if you find him! :X

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

TFred wrote:
Speaking of... where is "uncle Tim" these days? One of the talk radio guys signed off today asking for anyone who has seen him to drop an e-mail. Apparently he is so busy being mr. DNC he hasn't been doing much in Virginia for a while.

I don't know any facts to substantiate this, but I thought it was amusing in a disgusting sort of way, that a radio guy would ask for people all over the country to "keep a lookout" for our wayward Gov'ner.

TFred

You must not have children.

Every parent knows the adage "Don't wake a sleeping baby" :)