• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Rights Status in NE Washington?

arby

imported post

Hi there,

I am moving from Kalifornia (YEA!) with my family to Stevens County, specifically Colville.While not perfect, Washington's gun laws seem to be a bit more 'tolerant' of the right to bear arms than the dictatorship we hail from! If anyone here is familiar with this area, what is the status of NE Washinton? What is the attitude of citizens and cops in Colville and the surrounding areas towards gun owners and those who carry?

One cannot OC in Washington, correct?:banghead:

Thanks so much!
arby

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Welcome Arby

I live in Stevens County

You will have more problems when you tell someone that youjust movedherefrom the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia than walking into the local grocery store OCing. Please go to the Stevens County web site and read the Stevens County Code of The West. I have never had any firearms related problems with the local LEOs unless you count them asking what caliber isyour XD.Or the Sheriff telling me not to go looking for that poacher (on my property) unarmed.Please read and become familiar with the Washington State firearms laws beforeyou carry CC or OC. It takes about 15 minutes toapply foryour CPL in Colville. And lastly never ever verbalize to anyone "thats not the way we did it in Kali" or "The way we did it in Kali was" theres a bunch of us lobbying to make that a hanging offence in Stevens County.

PM me if you want more info, welcome to Stevens County

Orphan

Orphan

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Don't get me going on that ******* "code of the west" that is the shit they pull when someone complains about the outmoded and obsolete "open range" that exists so all the cattlemen buddies of the elected criminals err officials there can run their ******* cows all over the place on private property rather than man up and join the 21st century and keep 'em on their own land with their own feed.

Colville is a nice place, and so is Stevens County, but I suspect the good ol' boy network runs thick and deep around there.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Oh, and Arby, welcome to the state and the forum! Keep quiet about being from Kali :p blend in real quick, and get yer CPL and you'll be in good shape. I've got family in Stevens County and am trying to make it out there sometime late this summer....

Jeff Hayes

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Don't get me going on that @#$%ing "code of the west" that is the @#$% they pull when someone complains about the outmoded and obsolete "open range" that exists so all the cattlemen buddies of the elected criminals err officials there can run their @#$%ing cows all over the place on private property rather than man up and join the 21st century and keep 'em on their own land with their own feed.

Colville is a nice place, and so is Stevens County, but I suspect the good ol' boy network runs thick and deep around there.

Whoa big boy

Not the same Code of the West. this one is to help people out that have not lived in the country or somewhere where it snows a lot. Examples are make sure you can access the land you are buying in the summer in the winter. Responce time for law enforcement, ambulance etcis a lot slower when you live in the hinterlands. Expect to pay a lot of money if your property is a long way from power lines. Its actually pretty good for a goverment publication.

I agree with your assesment of the other Code of The West and the good ol boy network it stinks big time. I promise I wont bring"The Code OfThe West"up again

Look me up when you come over this summer we can do some shooting at my place

Orphan

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ahh didn't know they had two "codes". It's a sore subject for me how that place operates. You all really need to dump the idiots in the county commissioner's office and replace them with people who at least listen to folks who live there, not just the cattle interests.

Yah, I'll drop you a line when I get out that way, thanks!

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I could not agree with you more on the idiots part, we replaced one idiot commisioner with another idiot last fall. The problem I have is they all look, smell andactthe same, cant tell them apart anymore.

See ya later this summer

Orphan

arby

imported post

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :):):):):)

We will keep your suggestions in mind.

Take care,
arby <><