Thread: VCDL PAMPHLET HOLDER

Post imported post

I know Bruce Jackson gave a few of us Pamphlet Holders at the VCDL/OCDO Newport News Picnic to place in gun stores and other places and "babysit" once a week.

I have been visiting "mine" once a week or every other week at the pawn shop located near WallyWorld in Yorktown. A friend of mine with whom I served in the Coast Guard owns the pawn shop and told me a few poeple had taken stuff from the holder, but not very many.

It doesn't need refilling any time soon, but I've been trying to think of other places I could put a holder. I considered my family doctor's office, but she's an anti that I've been trying to share the gospel with for quite some time without success. She is combining her office with her more senior partner very soon. Maybe I can talk to HIM and see if he's ok with a holder in HIS office...

Someone else was going to put on in Winfrees, but I don't remember whom. What about the sporting good counter at WallyWorld? Would we need to talk to the General Manager at WallyWorld or the sporting goods manager?

Anyone else had any luck with regular refills of their holders?

"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I believe there already is one at Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg. I think I saw it just the other day when I was browsing around.

Might be a good idea to ask Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shop, any place that sells either guns or ammo... take the "well you know Gander Mountain has one, they obviously understand how important this type of organization is to your future business..."

TFred

Post imported post

I don't have any more holders, but being retired, I would gladly bring them by Dicks and Bass Pro if someone were to send a couple of them to me in the mail... If you have a couple to spare (along with the papers to fill them), please PM me.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I'm working on that (Winfrees) even as we speak. I already have something lined up for Hunter's Heaven and the police supply on Warwick. A few other places that I am going to go. I want to get at least 10 if I can.

edited for the usual typo stuff

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I'll gladly start putting them in our student manuals again but I need a large quantity.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I would as well try putting them in plumbing supply houses, as well as tractor and supply stores. People waiting for parts and such have a tendency to read anything they can to pass the time. As well I am starting to learn of many gun owners on the vendor side of my work. IE Ferguson Supply, Americast, ACF Environmental..

Just a thought.

Post imported post

I was the one who emailed Bruce after the picnic and said Winfree's gave me the go-ahead, but if 6L6GC wants to do Winfrees, that's OK with me. Susan Winfree was the one I spoke to, as she often works in the back.

I never got anything in the mail from Bruce.

Post imported post

Sorry for not posting Bruce's e-mail response sooner:

We are still in the process of having another run of applications and
    cards printed up. As soon as we get them done we will be able to
    ship. Until then I am out of everything but the holders.

Just keep asking!

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, <MSConnelly@aol.com> wrote:
    > Bruce:
    >
    > You gave me a pamphlet holder and papers to put in a business in York County
    > when we were at the Newport News picnic. There has been more discussion of
    > placing them in other places in the area.
    >
    > Do you already have them at Bass Pro in Hampton and at Dicks Sporting Goods
    > in Patrick Henry Mall? If not, please send me 2 more and I will place them
    > and "babysit" them.
    >
    > Please also send some more "stuffing" for them. I placed one in a pawn shop
    > owned by a friend with whom I served in the Coast Guard and 2A Supporter.
    > I'd like to continue "sharing the gospel" in this area and do more.
    >
    > Respectfully;
    Mike
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Post imported post

Just to make sure every possible place is covered. Has any one discussed with the managers of any of the truck stops in the Doswell area about putting any in them?

Local people as well as truckers and tourists are all over these places and as it stands they have areas in their stores for various pamphlets. I would like to see ours there. If know one has checked I can try to go to management and get approval.

As well I can check at the local farm stores and Ace hardware to see if they will allow it.

Post imported post

We have an Ace Hardware and several other "small town" small businesses in the Yorktown area. I bet between Dutch Uncle and I, we could get the word out pretty effectively around here...
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I'll gladly start putting them in our student manuals again but I need a large quantity.
    What is a 'large quantity'? and would you rather have the cards or the apps or both?

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    What is a 'large quantity'? and would you rather have the cards or the apps or both?
    I'd need probably 100+ or so a month to put in the manuals. I think the brochures with the app's work better. I had a supply that I had gotten from Phillip but we gave them all out.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    pourshot wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    I'd need probably 100+ or so a month to put in the manuals. I think the brochures with the app's work better. I had a supply that I had gotten from Phillip but we gave them all out.
    As soon as we get the new ones printed I will be in touch.

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    pourshot wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    As soon as we get the new ones printed I will be in touch.
    excellent! thank you!
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I stopped in at the Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg tonight just before closing, and I noticed that all the employees in the store had bright orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons on their uniform vests! I had never noticed this before.

TFred

Post imported post

If anyone has a few extra Pamphlet Holders, I could usetwo or three. I will be at the Richmond OC Dinner on the 8th or PM me and I'll give you my mailing address

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    I stopped in at the Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg tonight just before closing, and I noticed that all the employees in the store had bright orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons on their uniform vests! I had never noticed this before.
    They have only had them about a month. That is when I took a bag with me.

Post imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
    If anyone has a few extra Pamphlet Holders, I could usetwo or three. I will be at the Richmond OC Dinner on the 8th or PM me and I'll give you my mailing address
    Do you have the pamphlets?

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    Dragonfly wrote:
    Do you have the pamphlets?
    Still have about 50. Could use a handfull more with the holders

Post imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
    Still have about 50. Could use a handfull more with the holders
    We are in the process of making small edits on the form. Once we get that done it will go to the printers.

When I get them from the printers I will start sending them out.

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    They have only had them about a month. That is when I took a bag with me.
    Ahh... that explains it!

TFred

Post imported post

What's the latest on the pamphlet holders and "stuffing" for them? I'd like to hand out some more to local businesses...

:celebrate
    (unknown 'gun~writer')