• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL PAMPHLET HOLDER

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I know Bruce Jackson gave a few of us Pamphlet Holders at the VCDL/OCDO Newport News Picnic to place in gun stores and other places and "babysit" once a week.

I have been visiting "mine" once a week or every other week at the pawn shop located near WallyWorld in Yorktown. A friend of mine with whom I served in the Coast Guard owns the pawn shop and told me a few poeple had taken stuff from the holder, but not very many.

It doesn't need refilling any time soon, but I've been trying to think of other places I could put a holder. I considered my family doctor's office, but she's an anti that I've been trying to share the gospel with for quite some time without success. She is combining her office with her more senior partner very soon. Maybe I can talk to HIM and see if he's ok with a holder in HIS office... :)

Someone else was going to put on in Winfrees, but I don't remember whom. What about the sporting good counter at WallyWorld? Would we need to talk to the General Manager at WallyWorld or the sporting goods manager?

Anyone else had any luck with regular refills of their holders?

TFred

imported post

I believe there already is one at Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg. I think I saw it just the other day when I was browsing around.

Might be a good idea to ask Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shop, any place that sells either guns or ammo... take the "well you know Gander Mountain has one, they obviously understand how important this type of organization is to your future business..."

:)

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I don't have any more holders, but being retired, I would gladly bring them by Dicks and Bass Pro if someone were to send a couple of them to me in the mail... If you have a couple to spare (along with the papers to fill them), please PM me.

6L6GC

imported post

I'm working on that (Winfrees) even as we speak. I already have something lined up for Hunter's Heaven and the police supply on Warwick. A few other places that I am going to go. I want to get at least 10 if I can.

edited for the usual typo stuff

kennys

imported post

I would as well try putting them in plumbing supply houses, as well as tractor and supply stores. People waiting for parts and such have a tendency to read anything they can to pass the time. As well I am starting to learn of many gun owners on the vendor side of my work. IE Ferguson Supply, Americast, ACF Environmental..:D

Just a thought.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was the one who emailed Bruce after the picnic and said Winfree's gave me the go-ahead, but if 6L6GC wants to do Winfrees, that's OK with me. Susan Winfree was the one I spoke to, as she often works in the back.

I never got anything in the mail from Bruce. :(

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Sorry for not posting Bruce's e-mail response sooner:

We are still in the process of having another run of applications and
cards printed up. As soon as we get them done we will be able to
ship. Until then I am out of everything but the holders.

Just keep asking!

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, <MSConnelly@aol.com> wrote:
> Bruce:
>
> You gave me a pamphlet holder and papers to put in a business in York County
> when we were at the Newport News picnic. There has been more discussion of
> placing them in other places in the area.
>
> Do you already have them at Bass Pro in Hampton and at Dicks Sporting Goods
> in Patrick Henry Mall? If not, please send me 2 more and I will place them
> and "babysit" them.
>
> Please also send some more "stuffing" for them. I placed one in a pawn shop
> owned by a friend with whom I served in the Coast Guard and 2A Supporter.
> I'd like to continue "sharing the gospel" in this area and do more.
>
> Respectfully;
Mike

kennys

imported post

Just to make sure every possible place is covered. Has any one discussed with the managers of any of the truck stops in the Doswell area about putting any in them?

Local people as well as truckers and tourists are all over these places and as it stands they have areas in their stores for various pamphlets. I would like to see ours there. If know one has checked I can try to go to management and get approval.

As well I can check at the local farm stores and Ace hardware to see if they will allow it.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

We have an Ace Hardware and several other "small town" small businesses in the Yorktown area. I bet between Dutch Uncle and I, we could get the word out pretty effectively around here...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

pourshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I'll gladly start putting them in our student manuals again but I need a large quantity.
What is a 'large quantity'? and would you rather have the cards or the apps or both?
I'd need probably 100+ or so a month to put in the manuals. I think the brochures with the app's work better. I had a supply that I had gotten from Phillip but we gave them all out.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
pourshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I'll gladly start putting them in our student manuals again but I need a large quantity.
What is a 'large quantity'? and would you rather have the cards or the apps or both?
I'd need probably 100+ or so a month to put in the manuals. I think the brochures with the app's work better. I had a supply that I had gotten from Phillip but we gave them all out.
As soon as we get the new ones printed I will be in touch.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

pourshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
pourshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
As soon as we get the new ones printed I will be in touch.
excellent! thank you!

TFred

imported post

I stopped in at the Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg tonight just before closing, and I noticed that all the employees in the store had bright orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons on their uniform vests! I had never noticed this before.

TFred

Dragonfly

imported post

If anyone has a few extra Pamphlet Holders, I could usetwo or three. I will be at the Richmond OC Dinner on the 8th or PM me and I'll give you my mailing address

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
I stopped in at the Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg tonight just before closing, and I noticed that all the employees in the store had bright orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons on their uniform vests! I had never noticed this before.
They have only had them about a month. That is when I took a bag with me. :D

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
If anyone has a few extra Pamphlet Holders, I could usetwo or three. I will be at the Richmond OC Dinner on the 8th or PM me and I'll give you my mailing address
Do you have the pamphlets?

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
Still have about 50. Could use a handfull more with the holders

We are in the process of making small edits on the form. Once we get that done it will go to the printers.

When I get them from the printers I will start sending them out.