Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped at GUNPOINT

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Wow...

then handcuffed when I went to file a complaint and get an incident report.....I thought our officers here knew the law ....apparently they don't. And was told by 4 different officers they will continue to harass me if I insist on open carrying.

Not surehow much info I should give outand trying to make sense of all the inane things said by these folks, although I did talk to a reporter....

I got some recordings from phone not very clear though, and very short, was told I am not allowed to do that either.

In Response to the irresponsible and unlawful actions of the Bellingham Police department in illegally detaining me twice for the lawful manner in which I choose to carry myfirearm please feel free to come to a picnic/gathering.

I will probably bring a desert to share...other than that I was thinking a BYOB (bring your own bag affair) also will bring hotdogs to eat with a few extra to share. I just don't want a burden to be placed on anyone.

Bloedel Donovon Park

Date July 11th 2009

The time will be from 12 to?

The adress is 2214 Electric Ave. (we're going to rock down to) Bellingham WA 98229

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Be...;zipcode=98229

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Please give us more details. Dialog please.

Post imported post

Thats sad, You should take it to higher authorities. Make them to issue new training bulitien regarding OC law.

Post imported post

I am sure you can down load training bulletins from the major cities and show it to the PD. Did you get the names of the 4 officers?

Post imported post

Was it a random stop or somebody called in MWAG?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

No dialogue or details please on the open forum. Once the dust settles and the wounded are carried from the field, there will be time to tell the tale.

I thought police in your area were up to speed already.

It sounds like theremaybea deliberate campaign to intimidate you by violating your 4A rights.

You have some very strong supporters in the Washington forum. I recommend contacting them by PM and working out a strategy to slam these police into line, or failing that, out of a job or into the poorhouse.

PS:I suggest deleting the line about yourlawyer. No sense revealing elements of your negotiating position. Police monitor this forum. Especially police from your state.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

hm I'm free the 11th & 12th...anyone care to carpool to B'ham for an OC picnic?....and YES, I'm serious!

Post imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
    hm I'm free the 11th & 12th...anyone care to carpool to B'ham for an OC picnic?....and YES, I'm serious!
    Oh yea.

Post imported post

Damn! A couple days before I start OC'ing and this happens. Damn you Boringham! Just when I thought our area was looking like an OC haven (as much as it can be...) BPD screws it up. We REALLY need a very open, very VISIBLE picnic / gathering up north it seems.

SVG, I might have just confused myself... but did BPD cuff you while you were at the station getting attempting to file a complaint / get a report? Hell, that sounds like quite the thuggish attitude, as if theyre attempting to scare you into backing down.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Not sure if you guys have the resources for it; but I can tell you how VA Citizen's Defense League handles it.

VCDL puts about 140 people in the next city council meeting vocally protesting. A veritable sea of "Guns Save Lives" stickers on lapels, shirts, and blouses.

You just know that after listening to about 40 people talk for two hours, the mayor or chairman has a little chat with the police chief telling him he would really rather not have the press inquiries and attention, he has better things to do, and so forth.

WhenVCDL calls, people come from all over the state for this sort of thing.

The city of Manassas, VAgot the point after the Tony's incident. VCDL packed the city council chamber with about 140 people. Not one report of an OCer being harassed in Manassas since then--Feb 2007.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

SVG plan something in your area we will show up to show our support, after all its for a common cause.

Post imported post

I am free 11 and 12th too.....yea they didn't like me open carrying into the lobby but didn't handcuff me until I went outside.....there is no jail or courthouse attached to our police station...I walked from were I was detained to the police station to make my complaint. I am not able to drive at the moment. four officers got all there names but one and I have him telling me his name on the phone video. I just cant hear it yet need to upload it. Very very unknowledgable about our laws. ( I am no einstien and don't memorize by rote all the rcw's but I learn what is legal and what is not)

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

Oh yea it was a MWAG call.

State Researcher

Post imported post

HOLY CRAP! :what:

I simply cannot believe that at this point in time, ANY Western Washington police agency does not know better. In fact I know of one case where a person in Bellingham was ticketed for OC in a park (not a member) and it was thrown out. Methinks somebody at BPD is asleep at the switch.

Speaking of switch(boards) here is one that can be lit up if SVG is looking for the support....

Todd Ramsay, Police Chief
    Police Department
    505 Grand Avenue
    Bellingham, WA 98225
    Phone: (360) 778-8600

Here is his smarmy and clearly meaningless message about how the BPD protects the rights of citizens....

The Bellingham Police Department coordinates and leads the efforts with the community to preserve the public peace, protect the rights of persons and property, prevent crime, and provide assistance to the citizens of Bellingham. ~ Todd Ramsay, Chief of Police
    Here is a report from their daily activity log....
    Reported: Jul 8 2009 2:34PM
    Offense: SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCE
    Case #: 09B24943

(C1) was contacted because we received a complaint about him openly carrying a holstered handgun in a business, then on the street. He was released after a brief investigation.

Brief investigation eh? More like brief rape of civil liberties. I can barely tolerate some stops, but when the guns and bracelets come out that goes from simply being annoying to downright intolerable.

Post imported post

I'm in Mounttlakke Terrace....anyone feel like going to thigingham this coming weekend?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Working this weekend...

Post imported post

Send the chief a copy of all of these and tell him you thought they me be of help to him in creating a training bulletin for his officers as they obviously are not aware that openly carrying a pistol is not in and of itself a crime nor is it cause for a terry stop.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

If we do have a picnic, you can invite that reporter. Don't they have a local TV station up there Chanel 12 KVOS?

Banned

Post imported post

you can email newstips@king5.com tips@komo4news.com thats a start.

cops are being bullies lately and more trigger happy now. like that king county deputy who shot the unarmed man with his assault rifle

Banned

Post imported post

pulled this off the bpd website

Mission Statement

The Bellingham Police Department coordinates and leads the efforts with the community to preserve the public peace, protect the rights of persons and property, prevent crime, and provide assistance to the citizens of Bellingham. ~ Todd Ramsay, Chief of Police

-----------------------------

you can email the mayor mayorsoffice@cob.org

city council - http://www.cob.org/cob/ccmailform.ns...eremail=ccmail

police - police@cob.org

---------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

phone guy wrote:
    If we do have a picnic, you can invite that reporter. Don't they have a local TV station up there Chanel 12 KVOS?
    I told the reporter we have regular OC meets and said I will invite him to the next one. My veiwpoint is he could go either way....I told him I was more concerned with my 4th and 5th ammendments being stomped on that 2nd is well secondary at this point. If we have one I will invite him. Bellingham has many parks, the most per land by far than any other county. City of Bellingham has quite a few parks. I am up for a meet if others are. I am more determined than ever to open carry now.

Post imported post

I am no good organizer, but maybe just a Potluck picnic or something?

Post imported post

Damn, I thought the police around here where up to date too. Im open on the 11th and 12th too so just give me a time and date and I will be there.

I think Whatcom Falls Park would be a good spot to do have this meating, We could kinda get a two for one there....last time I was there they had a no firearms sign up...

Post imported post

Is Whatcom Falls park in the city of Bellingham? If not, it won't make the impact that is needed. Best to select a park in the city if it was the city police who are the issue.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    Is Whatcom Falls parl in the city of Bellingham? If not, it won't make the impact that is needed. Best to select a park in the city if it was the city police who are the issue.
    Yes its right in the middle of bellingham.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast