• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped at GUNPOINT

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Wow...

then handcuffed when I went to file a complaint and get an incident report.....I thought our officers here knew the law ....apparently they don't. And was told by 4 different officers they will continue to harass me if I insist on open carrying.

Not surehow much info I should give outand trying to make sense of all the inane things said by these folks, although I did talk to a reporter....

I got some recordings from phone not very clear though, and very short, was told I am not allowed to do that either.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

In Response to the irresponsible and unlawful actions of the Bellingham Police department in illegally detaining me twice for the lawful manner in which I choose to carry myfirearm please feel free to come to a picnic/gathering.

I will probably bring a desert to share...other than that I was thinking a BYOB (bring your own bag affair) also will bring hotdogs to eat with a few extra to share. I just don't want a burden to be placed on anyone.

Bloedel Donovon Park

Date July 11th 2009

The time will be from 12 to?

The adress is 2214 Electric Ave. (we're going to rock down to) Bellingham WA 98229

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Bellingham&address=2214+Electric+Ave&zipcode=98229

phoneguy

imported post

I am sure you can down load training bulletins from the major cities and show it to the PD. Did you get the names of the 4 officers?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

No dialogue or details please on the open forum. Once the dust settles and the wounded are carried from the field, there will be time to tell the tale.

I thought police in your area were up to speed already.

It sounds like theremaybea deliberate campaign to intimidate you by violating your 4A rights.

You have some very strong supporters in the Washington forum. I recommend contacting them by PM and working out a strategy to slam these police into line, or failing that, out of a job or into the poorhouse.

PS:I suggest deleting the line about yourlawyer. No sense revealing elements of your negotiating position. Police monitor this forum. Especially police from your state.

phoneguy

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
hm I'm free the 11th & 12th...anyone care to carpool to B'ham for an OC picnic?....and YES, I'm serious!
Oh yea.

Magister

imported post

Damn! A couple days before I start OC'ing and this happens. Damn you Boringham! Just when I thought our area was looking like an OC haven (as much as it can be...) BPD screws it up. We REALLY need a very open, very VISIBLE picnic / gathering up north it seems.

SVG, I might have just confused myself... but did BPD cuff you while you were at the station getting attempting to file a complaint / get a report? Hell, that sounds like quite the thuggish attitude, as if theyre attempting to scare you into backing down.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not sure if you guys have the resources for it; but I can tell you how VA Citizen's Defense League handles it.

VCDL puts about 140 people in the next city council meeting vocally protesting. A veritable sea of "Guns Save Lives" stickers on lapels, shirts, and blouses.

You just know that after listening to about 40 people talk for two hours, the mayor or chairman has a little chat with the police chief telling him he would really rather not have the press inquiries and attention, he has better things to do, and so forth.

WhenVCDL calls, people come from all over the state for this sort of thing.

The city of Manassas, VAgot the point after the Tony's incident. VCDL packed the city council chamber with about 140 people. Not one report of an OCer being harassed in Manassas since then--Feb 2007.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am free 11 and 12th too.....yea they didn't like me open carrying into the lobby but didn't handcuff me until I went outside.....there is no jail or courthouse attached to our police station...I walked from were I was detained to the police station to make my complaint. I am not able to drive at the moment. four officers got all there names but one and I have him telling me his name on the phone video. I just cant hear it yet need to upload it. Very very unknowledgable about our laws. ( I am no einstien and don't memorize by rote all the rcw's but I learn what is legal and what is not)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

HOLY CRAP! :cuss::what::banghead:

I simply cannot believe that at this point in time, ANY Western Washington police agency does not know better. In fact I know of one case where a person in Bellingham was ticketed for OC in a park (not a member) and it was thrown out. Methinks somebody at BPD is asleep at the switch.

Speaking of switch(boards) here is one that can be lit up if SVG is looking for the support....

Todd Ramsay, Police Chief
Police Department
505 Grand Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: (360) 778-8600

Here is his smarmy and clearly meaningless message about how the BPD protects the rights of citizens....

The Bellingham Police Department coordinates and leads the efforts with the community to preserve the public peace, protect the rights of persons and property, prevent crime, and provide assistance to the citizens of Bellingham. ~ Todd Ramsay, Chief of Police
Here is a report from their daily activity log....
Reported: Jul 8 2009 2:34PM
Offense: SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCE
Case #: 09B24943

(C1) was contacted because we received a complaint about him openly carrying a holstered handgun in a business, then on the street. He was released after a brief investigation.

Brief investigation eh? More like brief rape of civil liberties. I can barely tolerate some stops, but when the guns and bracelets come out that goes from simply being annoying to downright intolerable.

phoneguy

imported post

If we do have a picnic, you can invite that reporter. Don't they have a local TV station up there Chanel 12 KVOS?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

pulled this off the bpd website

Mission Statement

The Bellingham Police Department coordinates and leads the efforts with the community to preserve the public peace, protect the rights of persons and property, prevent crime, and provide assistance to the citizens of Bellingham. ~ Todd Ramsay, Chief of Police

-----------------------------

you can email the mayor mayorsoffice@cob.org

city council - http://www.cob.org/cob/ccmailform.nsf/frmCCMail?OpenForm&Member=Bellingham%20City%20Council&memberemail=ccmail

police - police@cob.org

---------------------------------------------------