Thread: At the doctors office

Post imported post

Please forgive me for asking what I am sure has already been asked and beaten on a bit but my searching skills seem to be a bit off today.

Is it legal to OC at the doctors office or some other medical facility?

This is what happened. Took my girlfriend to hergyno today for a pre op Q&A. I of course was carring my protection on me. When we walked in the woman behind the counter informed me that I was not allowed to carry in the building.

Now I could be wrong (usually am so I am told). I was under the impression that it is ok to OC, or carry in general,in a medical facility. My response to her of course was "I didn't see a sign saying that carring was not allowed."

She says something to effect of "It is illegal to carry in the doctors office's." Now keep in mind that I am a bit tired today, especially this afternoon, and am TRYING to recall what was said but am having a bit of a hard time with it.

I didn't respond to her just left the building a put my protection in my truck. I figured that since I was the ONLY male in the office, and did not want a bunch of new mothers and other women harping on me, I would comply. The babies were also asleep and didn't need a noisy man to try to start a polite conversation with another person.

Keep in mind the moon is in a full phase at this time.

Post imported post

Faceplant wrote:
    Please forgive me for asking what I am sure has already been asked and beaten on a bit but my searching skills seem to be a bit off today.

This is what happened. Took my girlfriend to hergyno today for a pre op Q&A. I of course was carring my protection on me. When we walked in the woman behind the counter informed me that I was not allowed to carry in the building.

Now I could be wrong (usually am so I am told). I was under the impression that it is ok to OC, or carry in general,in a medical facility. My response to her of course was "I didn't see a sign saying that carring was not allowed."

She says something to effect of "It is illegal to carry in the doctors office's." Now keep in mind that I am a bit tired today, especially this afternoon, and am TRYING to recall what was said but am having a bit of a hard time with it.

I didn't respond to her just left the building a put my protection in my truck. I figured that since I was the ONLY male in the office, and did not want a bunch of new mothers and other women harping on me, I would comply. The babies were also asleep and didn't need a noisy man to try to start a polite conversation with another person.

It is not illegal but may be against policy.

Please re-read this:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/15411.html

[Edit to fix link]
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Banned

Post imported post

It may be considered "Private Property" even if it's a medical clinic

Post imported post

Doctor's offices are no different than the gas station or grocery store. Not illegal to carry there. However, they can have a policy that prohibits carry of weapons. Being private property, they have that right.

They do not have to post the prohibition and can change it on the fly as they like.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Banned

Post imported post

n/m

Post imported post

what about a hospital like the U dub or Swedish?

Post imported post

There is NOTHING in the law that prohibits carrying a firearm in any medical facility at all. Any prohibition will come fromt he facility itself.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

The only places that are illegal to carry in Washington are listed in RCW 9.41.300, with the exception of the federal laws which restrict carry at schools (K-12) or federal buildings. I forget the code on those though.

Of course, most medical buildings are private property so they can ask you to leave. If you refuse, you'll be facing trespassing charges.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

Deros carries at his doctors office all the time, as a matter of fact he is there right now OC. Well I do not go to doc's office or clinics cuz I am not old like him :P

Post imported post

Faceplant wrote:

I oc at my doctors offices and my Cardiologist.I OC'ed at my cardiologist day before yesterday and discovered Dr.Burnette is a gun guy (Owns an Dan Wesson 1911 ).He said he may come to our Willow lake meet.Which is getting pretty big by the way.I also sit OC in my dentist chair with the gas OC.At least with my doctors and dentist there is no problem.I did not OC at Highline hospital ,I went CC there.