• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At the doctors office

Faceplant

imported post

Please forgive me for asking what I am sure has already been asked and beaten on a bit but my searching skills seem to be a bit off today.

Is it legal to OC at the doctors office or some other medical facility?

This is what happened. Took my girlfriend to hergyno today for a pre op Q&A. I of course was carring my protection on me. When we walked in the woman behind the counter informed me that I was not allowed to carry in the building.

Now I could be wrong (usually am so I am told). I was under the impression that it is ok to OC, or carry in general,in a medical facility. My response to her of course was "I didn't see a sign saying that carring was not allowed."

She says something to effect of "It is illegal to carry in the doctors office's." Now keep in mind that I am a bit tired today, especially this afternoon, and am TRYING to recall what was said but am having a bit of a hard time with it.

I didn't respond to her just left the building a put my protection in my truck. I figured that since I was the ONLY male in the office, and did not want a bunch of new mothers and other women harping on me, I would comply. The babies were also asleep and didn't need a noisy man to try to start a polite conversation with another person.

Keep in mind the moon is in a full phase at this time.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Faceplant wrote:
Please forgive me for asking what I am sure has already been asked and beaten on a bit but my searching skills seem to be a bit off today.

This is what happened. Took my girlfriend to hergyno today for a pre op Q&A. I of course was carring my protection on me. When we walked in the woman behind the counter informed me that I was not allowed to carry in the building.

Now I could be wrong (usually am so I am told). I was under the impression that it is ok to OC, or carry in general,in a medical facility. My response to her of course was "I didn't see a sign saying that carring was not allowed."

She says something to effect of "It is illegal to carry in the doctors office's." Now keep in mind that I am a bit tired today, especially this afternoon, and am TRYING to recall what was said but am having a bit of a hard time with it.

I didn't respond to her just left the building a put my protection in my truck. I figured that since I was the ONLY male in the office, and did not want a bunch of new mothers and other women harping on me, I would comply. The babies were also asleep and didn't need a noisy man to try to start a polite conversation with another person.

It is not illegal but may be against policy.

Please re-read this:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/15411.html

[Edit to fix link]

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

It may be considered "Private Property" even if it's a medical clinic

j2l3

imported post

Doctor's offices are no different than the gas station or grocery store. Not illegal to carry there. However, they can have a policy that prohibits carry of weapons. Being private property, they have that right.

They do not have to post the prohibition and can change it on the fly as they like.

j2l3

imported post

There is NOTHING in the law that prohibits carrying a firearm in any medical facility at all. Any prohibition will come fromt he facility itself.

kenshin

imported post

The only places that are illegal to carry in Washington are listed in RCW 9.41.300, with the exception of the federal laws which restrict carry at schools (K-12) or federal buildings. I forget the code on those though.

Of course, most medical buildings are private property so they can ask you to leave. If you refuse, you'll be facing trespassing charges.

Manu

imported post

Deros carries at his doctors office all the time, as a matter of fact he is there right now OC. Well I do not go to doc's office or clinics cuz I am not old like him :p

DEROS72

imported post

Faceplant wrote:

I oc at my doctors offices and my Cardiologist.I OC'ed at my cardiologist day before yesterday and discovered Dr.Burnette is a gun guy (Owns an Dan Wesson 1911 ).He said he may come to our Willow lake meet.Which is getting pretty big by the way.I also sit OC in my dentist chair with the gas OC.At least with my doctors and dentist there is no problem.I did not OC at Highline hospital ,I went CC there.