Thread: new member of the forum checkin in.

Post imported post

Hey fellow gun owners from Washington. I've been lurking here on the message board for a couple of weeks now and have found it really interesting. I actually found it while typing in "Open carry stories" in a google search..

Anyway, just wanted to say that my family and I had gone camping out at Kanaskat Palmer State Park in Ravensdale last weekend, and I brought my pistol with me. I usually carry it concealed unless I'm out camping, hiking, or doing other outdoor recreational activities. I hiked on their trail with my 5 year old son and my wife, and the place was absolutely amazing. The weather was great, they have an awesome river, and their rangers are exceptionally cool.

On our hike back to our camp site, I was greeted by a ranger who complimented me on my .357, and went on to say how that's his favorite pistol to take down to the range. Him and I actually talked guns and shooting for a good 10-15 minutes or so. He introduced himself, but his name slipped my mind about two minutes after he told me.

Just thought I'd share a story of open carry in a state park!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Great story and welcome aboard!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome aboard Bader. Great job!!! What part the state are you from. People here love a good reason to get together.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

thanks fellas. I'm out in the boonies past Greenwater, WA. Anyone familiar with that area? It's several miles southeast of Enumclaw.

Post imported post

HeLLoo Bader,

- New here too, it's a great forum and glad i found it too. I hope to squeeze a sat off at some point to get to a picnic.. Wed Thurs off is a challenge, I've yet to OC , but I CC almost 100% (not at work - policy). I have learned TONS from these guys, it's a great bunch here.

Welcome, glad to have ya.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

I'm familiar with the Greenwater area, in fact, I was camping out that way with my family last weekend. We go out to FR 72, just past the fire station there on the 410,and hit the fire roads all the way up. I love that area. I used to backpack up there when I was in Jr High and Highschool. Now I take my boys up there.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

Welcome aboard! Isn't it great when people dont freak out about your gun and are actually interested?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I haven't been that way for years beautiful area though.Deros and Manu are throwing another event at his Seatac place, I don't think I can make it unless I can talk someone else in driving me down. But its a great place to meet other folks in our community.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)