• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new member of the forum checkin in.

Bader

imported post

Hey fellow gun owners from Washington. I've been lurking here on the message board for a couple of weeks now and have found it really interesting. I actually found it while typing in "Open carry stories" in a google search..

Anyway, just wanted to say that my family and I had gone camping out at Kanaskat Palmer State Park in Ravensdale last weekend, and I brought my pistol with me. I usually carry it concealed unless I'm out camping, hiking, or doing other outdoor recreational activities. I hiked on their trail with my 5 year old son and my wife, and the place was absolutely amazing. The weather was great, they have an awesome river, and their rangers are exceptionally cool.

On our hike back to our camp site, I was greeted by a ranger who complimented me on my .357, and went on to say how that's his favorite pistol to take down to the range. Him and I actually talked guns and shooting for a good 10-15 minutes or so. He introduced himself, but his name slipped my mind about two minutes after he told me.

Just thought I'd share a story of open carry in a state park!

Batousaii

imported post

HeLLoo Bader,

- New here too, it's a great forum and glad i found it too. I hope to squeeze a sat off at some point to get to a picnic.. Wed Thurs off is a challenge, I've yet to OC , but I CC almost 100% (not at work - policy). I have learned TONS from these guys, it's a great bunch here.

Welcome, glad to have ya.

:cool:Bat

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I'm familiar with the Greenwater area, in fact, I was camping out that way with my family last weekend. We go out to FR 72, just past the fire station there on the 410,and hit the fire roads all the way up. I love that area. I used to backpack up there when I was in Jr High and Highschool. Now I take my boys up there.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I haven't been that way for years beautiful area though.Deros and Manu are throwing another event at his Seatac place, I don't think I can make it unless I can talk someone else in driving me down. But its a great place to meet other folks in our community.