• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Arizona- No Problemo!

.45acp

imported post

Hi folks,

Got back from an extended trip down to SE Arizona last week, Douglas, Bisbee and Sierra Vista mostly, made a number of trips to Tucson and Phoenix too. OC’ed 7/24’s and nary a peep from anyone and not even a sideways glance from LEO’s. Ya just got to pay attention to the restaurants you carry in…..no carry in restaurants that serve alcohol period!!! Had to unholster and stick the iron in the glove box.

OC’ed in 3 states during the trip, Utah (home), Nevada and Arizona. Great trip and great OC in Arizona.

Steve

Sonora Rebel

imported post

It's always a pleasant shock to visitors 'n noobs that this freedom... this right actually still exists anywhere.Arizona is particularly good... in that it's always been this way. There's nuthin' for LEO's to get used to... They were born 'n live here as well. It's a cultural norm.

.45acp

imported post

Yeah, I lived in Arizona for a number of years in my younger days, I started OC with a.22 OfficersMatch of my dad's in Bullhead City back in the late 60's. I was 16 at the time, and nobody thought much of it. But that was a different time. Hell some of the Sheriff Deputies used to give me a ride home from hunting along the Colorado River if they happened along while I was walking out at night. I'm lucky in that I've maintained my home in OC states.

I just returned from 10 years of overseas assignments in the construction business, the only country that I could own a firearm in was Brazil. Fortunately I spent the best part of 7 years there. OC or CC was not legal, but at least you could keep'em at the house. I had a Glock and 12 ga. riot gun, great comfort in a country that has through the roof crime and home invasion is common place. The best part of the time in Brazil was spent on or near the Brazil/Bolivian border. Some days were like the Wild West…shooting and occasional automatic rifle fire could be heard fairly frequently. Some of the guys that pulled security at my house were off duty drug interdiction types, those guys saw gun play on a weekly basis.

Steve